Cleveland County P25 800MHz setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1991

Hey folks,

I am a bit behind on this 800MHz tech as well as the new P25 systems - I currently control Gaston County PD dispatch channel ( Gaston County Police Dispatch ), and looking to bring in Cleveland County Sheriffs PD as well as Shelby PD -- However Cleveland County moved over to 800MHz some time ago...

Cleveland County Public Safety System Trunking System, Shelby, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Basically, what I have done to simplify things is hook up my Uniden BCT15x and download all the configs from RR via Proscan.

Once I start trying to access the channels, it looks for the Primary Control Channel - I can't ever get it to find anything. I notice it is trying to use all the control channels:

852.2625a (Secondary)
852.5375a (Secondary)
853.0375a (Secondary)
853.725c (Primary)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Once again I didn't plug these in manually, I just uploaded to the scanner from RR - Should I maybe try taking out all the non primary and secondary control channels to see if I can get that to work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
The system you linked is a P25 system, your BCT15X is analog only.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Got it - thanks. I thought I seen somewhere that it would work, guess that information wasn't correct :p

Any recommendations on a Phase 1/2 desktop scanner?

I try not to make recommendations, what works for me may not work for you.

Hopefully someone local will chime in.

drayd48

Got it - thanks. I thought I seen somewhere that it would work, guess that information wasn't correct :p

Any recommendations on a Phase 1/2 desktop scanner?

Look at any scanner that will do P25 trunking. It should work just fine. I have scanned the system and I do get some multisite distortion when some units talk but it worked pretty good. Any scanner will do fine as long as it is P25 trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.