NC Emergency Management Low Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if the state still uses them but some of the counties still do. Here in McDowell County the have de-installed their base station but I think neighboring Burke County still uses theirs

spacellamaman

47.500 is running somewhere

oddly enough over the past year, and most recently two days ago, i periodically come across 47.500 PL173.8 as either an open mike or open carrier. usually hit it when running thru the 30-50mhz range and have to lock it out.

a month or two back i nearly homed in on it in concord near where 601 and 29 split. in the area of that large fire station with fully decked out tower next door. i had 2 unidens with antennas mounted on passenger and drivers side rear windows and a pro-668 in signal stalker mode and watched the signal strength bars with all of them till they were maxed out in that part of town. don't recall getting a close call hit. i eventually decided i had better things to do (i didn't) and so i had to stop (just gave up).

i am not certain that each time its originating from the same source though so there may be more than one radio functional with it, so its worth putting it in for kicks. have never heard any vocals on any of them tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.