2 different "dispatch" channels on 2 different systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
Im setting up the program for my Unication G4 pager to monitor police/fire/ems here in Union County
I went ahead and programmed all the listings in but one thing was a little confusing

I noticed we have a Charlotte area UASI system and a VIPER system

I previously monitored mainly SHP on the VIPER system

but I now see there is a union county sheriff dispatch listed on each system
DO they use both? that would seem strange as some people wouldnt hear the call come in unless it was broadcasted on both systems
anyone shed some light?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Union doesn't use VIPER for anything except prison transfers out of county. All primary comms take place on the UASI system.

Each county in the state received VIPER talkgroups whether they were primary users or not for interop purposes.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
Union doesn't use VIPER for anything except prison transfers out of county. All primary comms take place on the UASI system.

Each county in the state received VIPER talkgroups whether they were primary users or not for interop purposes.

good Information thanks, How did you determine that? Just curious
I like to learn all I can

trumpetman

Database Admin
Daily monitoring. If you've got plenty of space in a scanner it might not hurt to add the VIPER TGs in case they're ever used but as tedious as it is to build a Unication template and the lack of space I wouldn't waste any room.

Status
Not open for further replies.