ISO; Wilson County Fire/Ems Capp codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

I think he is looking for pager tones.

Cap codes is a designation that Motorola uses to identify their tones.

Ex. A rescue squad uses the following tones)

Tone A: 524.8 Hz. Motorola calls this tone code Gz
Tone B: 347.6 Hz. Motorola calls this tone code Cz

The Motorola cap code would be GC

Years ago before programmable pager you usually could find the cap code on the top or back clip on Minitor I & II pagers.

Hope this helps

David

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a list of the CAPP codes for Wilson County Fire/Ems ?
First, what state are you in? Without knowing that, any question you ask about your local systems is much, much harder to answer, if at all. Please, go to the User CP and fill in some of the information (especially city and state) about you so we can have intelligent conversations without guessing about each other.

Second, do you mean the tones that are transmitted over the radio to activate or alert the pagers that first responders typically carry? If so, they are more commonly called fire tone-outs. It's the same thing. Cap codes were used in commercial paging systems. There's a whole elaborate series of charts for that.

Third, did you look in the Wiki under your state and county? It is very possible that your local fire tone-outs are already there.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
He asked about Wilson County under the North Carolina Forum.... just sayin'
Fair point.

Also - "fire tone outs" is a Uniden term.
It may have started that way, but it is now used throughout the RR Wiki and the RR forums now without reference to any particular scanner brand. I don't see any reason to call someone out over this.

ecps92

I agree

When I see CapCode, I think Pocsag / Golay since it is a CODE

When I see Paging Tones (Tone Out), I think Plectron etc
since the Tone is described in hz
Fair point.

It may have started that way, but it is now used throughout the RR Wiki and the RR forums now without reference to any particular scanner brand. I don't see any reason to call someone out over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.