Dare/Hyde/Tyrrell regional dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
As some of you may know, Dare County opened a new regional dispatch center recently. They are dispatching their own folks on the Dare County Public Safety System. They are also Dispatching Hyde, and Tyrrell Counties, but on VIPER. A couple of noteworthy changes have been made on the Law Enforcement side of things: What used to be “Tyrrell County Sheriff” TG is now called “RECC LE 1”, and both Hyde, and Tyrrell County Sheriff are dispatched from this TG. “Hyde SO” is now known as “RECC LE 2”. I am guessing this is in case something gets crazy in one of the two counties, and whoever can move to LE 2.

All other public safety entities will remain on their current TG (Fire, EMS, etc.)

Hyde County also has a new 4 site simulcast VHF paging system on 155.5725. The sites are Engelhard, Rose Bay, Ponzer, and Ocracoke.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this info! I'll be back there for the season March 1st & will program in the Hyde paging as I'm frequently in Ocracoke

GamecockSJ

The license for Hyde’s VHF simulcast shows Stumpy Point as a site as well. Not sure about Ocracoke but the 4 mainland sites are all located on VIPER towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.