Asheville NCSHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me what call sign WRAC532 is? It is listed to the NCSHP but isn't listed in the Viper set of frequencies? I found it in on digitalfrequencyserach.com. Any help as to what it and how to monitor if active is appreciated?

It is a new license and may not be on the air yet. It is at the White Fawn Reservoir, I think the city has a site there too

AlphaFive

new site

Nice catch on the White Fawn site, I missed it. I am not very far from it. I have built the site into my 536. I am running it now. At this point there is nothing activated, no control channel, zippo. If I hit on anything, I will certainly let you know.
I compared the frequencies of the Cities WNXR226, and the States WQTA873 (Peach Knob). There is no overlap for any reason. This appears to be a brand new site. But, who am I to say.

Flyham

Special Conditions
Refer to Locations and Frequencies Tabs for special conditions at those levels
Prior to commencing operations on any channel or channels specified under this authorization, the licensee must provide at least 60 days written or electronic notice to Sprint Nextel Corporation that it intends to activate the channel(s) for testing or commencement of operations. Sprint Nextel must cease operation on the channel(s) specified in the notice by the intended date to the extent necessary to comply with the co-channel spacing requirements of § 90.621(b), after which the licensee may activate the channel(s). Sprint Nextel Corporation has established an email box to receive these notifications at 800mhzinterleavedspectrum@sprint.com.

I found this of interest in the special conditions under the FCC ULS, I thought the Sprint / Nextel re-banding stuff was complete?

AlphaFive

new site

In the words of Spock "fascinating". I had not known of Sprint/Nextel connection. In the 10+ years I have been here, the only use of the reservoir site I had located was the City (WNXR226). Impressive.
Okay I'm slow... I see now it doesn't mean Nextel was there on the site.. It is actually related to rebanding. Now I get it...

Last edited:

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Nice catch on the White Fawn site, I missed it. I am not very far from it. I have built the site into my 536. I am running it now. At this point there is nothing activated, no control channel, zippo. If I hit on anything, I will certainly let you know.
I compared the frequencies of the Cities WNXR226, and the States WQTA873 (Peach Knob). There is no overlap for any reason. This appears to be a brand new site. But, who am I to say.
Thanks all, and yes, please let me know if that changes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.