DMR in Buncombe/Haywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of any luck in monitoring DMR recently in Buncombe and Haywood County? Recommendations?

troymail

Silent Key
Happened to noticed today that Haywood County 911 may be in the process of switching to DMR... at least the licenses are being updated to do so. This doesn't necessarily 100% mean the will but something to watch for... On the other hand, I have a licensee here in Brunswick County who recently renewed their license that says they are DMR when in fact they are NXDN. You never know.....

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KNFE705 - Haywood County 911 Communications

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQBV571 - HAYWOOD COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQPK615 - HAYWOOD COUNTY 911 COMMUNICATIONS

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPUV847 - Haywood County 911 Communications

AlphaFive

Haywood

Hello, a couple of things. First, I would say that unless you have a fantastic, very expensive antenna system, receiving Buncombe from Clyde has to be problematic, because of the topography. I am in W. Asheville and can only really pull in V.H.F. from Haywood consistently. That being said;
Here is what I have received recently in W. Asheville from Haywood S.O. On 01/03/18 I received would sounded to be a control channel on 159.03. On 01/24/18 I received what sounded to be a control channel on 154.7250, from Lookout Point site in Clyde. They are both licensed to Haywood S.O. as an NXDN system, under WPKT477. I have not bothered to build the system in my TRX 2, so I don't know if it's them..
Regarding DMR, I can only speak for Buncombe, I would be surprised, and glad if you can receive these DMR systems, but here they are. I have built these into my radios and they function. Most are located in east and south Asheville, not great for Clyde reception.
WPEG503
WPNS956
WPTA637
KBH823
KIB570
KNBM506
WQTM316
WQNJ445
WQZF772

kf4pep

I know several Haywood fire departments are running DMR on their firegroudn frequencies and./or repeaters. Clyde, Center Pigeon, North Canton, Junaluska and a few others are.

Status
Not open for further replies.