Scanner Volume Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
This question could be asked in the Uniden Forum or here in NC - so I will ask it here.

I suspect I'm not the only listener in western NC that has noticed the SIGNIFICANT volume increase when radio traffic on the VIPER MAMA Medcom channel transmits. I can have the volume set for every other agency I'm monitoring but when the MAMA Dispatcher transmits, it is alot louder, even to the point of being irritating. I'm not sure if that is by design so that the MAMA helo crews can hear them or if it's for some other reason.

My question: is there a setting on my Uniden scanners (325P2, 996P2) than can equalize the audio output?

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

troymail

Silent Key
This question could be asked in the Uniden Forum or here in NC - so I will ask it here.

I suspect I'm not the only listener in western NC that has noticed the SIGNIFICANT volume increase when radio traffic on the VIPER MAMA Medcom channel transmits. I can have the volume set for every other agency I'm monitoring but when the MAMA Dispatcher transmits, it is alot louder, even to the point of being irritating. I'm not sure if that is by design so that the MAMA helo crews can hear them or if it's for some other reason.

My question: is there a setting on my Uniden scanners (325P2, 996P2) than can equalize the audio output?

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

Look for/at "volume offset"

Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Volume

Thank you, my Brunswick County friend. I greatly appreciate your quick response.

BTW, back in the '80s, I lived in Wilmington but was responsible for Bellsouth's SE NC area that included your area. I loved my association with the great people in your area. Fond memories of wonderful friends, a few great pig pickins', walks on the beach, etc.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

Status
Not open for further replies.