RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2018, 5:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

567 EMS CONE ED EMS Cone Emergency Department
571 WOMENS ED EMS Women's Hospital Emergency Department
573 HPRH ED EMS HPRH High Point Regional Emergency
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2018, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
There are some people that are submitting info to the database using the /16 method.

It should be known that not all talkgroups retained their orginal layout - so by making blanket submissions without verifying will result in screwed up database and thus scanners...

Only submit VERIFED information to the database.

Thanks
Based on my monitoring over the past month, the /16 method has been accurate for all active public safety & services TG's from the Type II system. The TG's that aren't listed for Greensboro services, events, A&T PD, Elon PD, FD TAC's, & EMS to Hospital all are valid using that method. Are you saying if I submit this info it will be rejected?

Last edited by NCFireman11; 05-30-2018 at 2:03 PM..
Old 05-30-2018, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFireman11 View Post
Based on my monitoring over the past month, the /16 method has been accurate for all active public safety & services TG's from the Type II system. The TG's that aren't listed for Greensboro services, events, A&T PD, Elon PD, FD TAC's, & EMS to Hospital all are valid using that method. Are you saying if I submit this info it will be rejected?
There are multiple GPD/GCSD talkgroups that have changed names or been eliminated and the information for the Type II System wasnít completely accurate to begin with. Also Elon PD is not even on the system anymore and hasnít been for several years although there were a slew of talkgroups labeled Elon PD.

I think the point he is trying to make is to only submit stuff that is verified and known to be correct. For instance, someone submitted talkgroups 241 (ALARMS) and 383 (TECH SVCS) as Burlington talkgroups when in fact ALARMS is a GPD talkgroup and TECH SVCS is the Greensboro radio shop.
Old 05-30-2018, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
There are multiple GPD/GCSD talkgroups that have changed names or been eliminated and the information for the Type II System wasn’t completely accurate to begin with. Also Elon PD is not even on the system anymore and hasn’t been for several years although there were a slew of talkgroups labeled Elon PD.

I think the point he is trying to make is to only submit stuff that is verified and known to be correct. For instance, someone submitted talkgroups 241 (ALARMS) and 383 (TECH SVCS) as Burlington talkgroups when in fact ALARMS is a GPD talkgroup and TECH SVCS is the Greensboro radio shop.
10-4 on that. I found one of the Elon PD TG's from the Type II system (don't remember which one right off) that was law enforcement use but I guess isn't Elon PD. The FD TAC's, EMS to Hospital and several Greensboro services seem to match. I will submit what I can verify based on usage.

Last edited by NCFireman11; 05-30-2018 at 2:41 PM.. Reason: spelling