Kernersville P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyK

It appears that Kernersville, or at least the PD has switched to a new P25 system. Sys Id is 946 & the Nac on voice channels Is 941. The control channels are 852.2500, 852.7500, 853.1375, & 853.4250. KVPD DISP is TG #17801, also had a few hits on TGs 17804 & 17813.

calafdx

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Randy for the new update. Was down in Kernersville today, and there was no PD comms to be heard on the regular system. Fire with the patch was up and working normally. Will add this new system to the radios and see what new talkgroups are being used.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Have submitted TG 17802 KPD Ch. 2 based on on air identification.
TG 17813 has been heard, but no actual ID heard yet, but it is PD TG.
It would help if an admin would change the DB name for the new system to Kernersville P25.
In the list both old and new show up as Kernersville so it is a guess which one you are selecting.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Have verified and submitted TG 17804 as Event 1
It is being used at Spring Folly event this weekend.
Also had traffic on 17805, but no on-air id on that one yet.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Slowly but surely more TG are showing up, but not yet hearing on-air ID yet. 17805 was often heard during the Spring Folly over the weekend. It was non-PD use, thinking it may be Festival or Folly. It was operations type traffic ( turning lights on, getting supplies, etc.)
Heard 17837 and 17838 today. May be KPD Training groups.
Have had 1 hit on 17877.

REVREID

database updates

it appears that the wrong system has been updated-all the updates appear on the old kernersville site,not the p 25. if i am mistaken,accept my apology. could someone check this and make sure-thanks

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
The submissions I have made that have been completed are on the P25 site. My last 3 submissions have not been worked yet, but I submitted from P25 system so I feel sure they will be made to the proper system. I will check when I get the notification that they are completed. The old system had groups with the same IDs.

REVREID

updates

ok-thanks-i may have been a bit hasty in my thinking.both systems were in green-so i thought that someone went the wrong way. my fault. i will be more cautious. thanks again

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Kville p25

What scanner are you using? If it is can import from database that will get everything set for you. I have it working on both Psr500 and psr800.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
I have not used or programmed a Uniden Digital scanner. I suspect you have to use 3rd party software to import/program from RadioReference. Hopefully someone with a scanner like yours will chime in and help you. My scanners are GRE/ Whistler.

NOCA95

Ok Thanks; Not familiar with your scanners; would like to find one that is easy to program. Do you need special software to program the Whistler? I have trouble getting around my virus proection to download software for the uniden's. Any suggestions?

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
I see you are a Premium Subscriber to RR.
As such, the freeware program FreeSCAN can import data from RR and load it into your scanners, according to the information I read on their website. I suggest you look at going that route.

NOCA95

It's been a while; I have downloaded from RR before and it worked very will. I have been working on this a few days now; had to refresh some drivers and finally got a system uploaded; starting to get some chatter on CH1. Thanks..

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working. As you probably know it is a fairly quiet system a lot of the time. There are still TG in occasional use that need to have on-air ID before submitting to the database, or ID by getting to see ID on a subscriber radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.