Radio shack pro 2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

belashmit

Premium Subscriber
Trying to find out if a radio shack pro 2051 trunking scanner will work in Irredell county ,Statesville. Or would it have to be a digital trunking scanner?
Thanks
Billy

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Trying to find out if a radio shack pro 2051 trunking scanner will work in Irredell county ,Statesville. Or would it have to be a digital trunking scanner?
Thanks
Billy
Short answer is No.

It looks like most of the public safety agencies are using one of two digital systems. The Pro-2051 is not a digital scanner. There are a few conventional frequencies listed for Statesville, but most are marked as Depreciated, meaning no longer used. I see Statesville as well as Irredell County,. and some other towns in the county, have talkgroups on the statewide Viper system. I also seem some shown as using the Charlotte UASI system. Both of those systems are P25 Phase I systems, in other words digital. You'd need a newer model, digital trunking scanner to listen to those.

You could program your 2051 with the remaining conventional channels that are not marked as 'depreciated', but don't expect a lot of traffic to be heard. Some of the fireground channels, if you're close enough, might pop up occasional. I'll leave it to someone from the area to confirm whether or not a few of them are still in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.