RDU hobby issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Friend mentioned today that RDU has been cutting down on folks watching planes, taking pictures, and doing radio monitoring from the lounges. KE4ZNR, I know you used to do this (maybe still do). Anyone know the truth on this?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Friend mentioned today that RDU has been cutting down on folks watching planes, taking pictures, and doing radio monitoring from the lounges. KE4ZNR, I know you used to do this (maybe still do). Anyone know the truth on this?
I have not been out to KRDU in a while due to my schedule being filled but the folks at the General Aviation Building have always been welcoming and open to us Aviation buffs. Of course they know me very well due to my extensive history there but they should be open to anyone that respects the few rules that they have.
You do have to remember that the General Aviation terminal can be rented out at any time and if it is we have to be respectful of those that have paid money to temporarily use it and defer to their event.
I might stop by G.A. sometime this next weekend and see how things look.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Was out at RDU GA terminal today, it'd been a while since I was out there, and found it's closed for renovation until fall of 2018. Guess the only place to watch planes at RDU, until then, is the observation deck. That may be why your friend had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.