Durham FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

clackmannan

Is it just me, or has Durham FD dispatch (154.1300) seemed awfully quiet recently?

And if it's not me, and it's a change related to the city/county merger, then that leaves little VHF/UHF traffic for my aging BC350 to pick up. Any recommendations for a similar sized replacement unit that's useful (IE, does trunking) and doesn't require me to offer my first-born to the scanner gods?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Is it just me, or has Durham FD dispatch (154.1300) seemed awfully quiet recently?

Remember that 154.130 is only used for one way (outbound) alerting for the County FDs. It is not used for City FD calls at all. And there is the good possibility that it will be used less and less as the next few months progress.

And if it's not me, and it's a change related to the city/county merger, then that leaves little VHF/UHF traffic for my aging BC350 to pick up. Any recommendations for a similar sized replacement unit that's useful (IE, does trunking) and doesn't require me to offer my first-born to the scanner gods?

Read this sticky thread in this forum for some ideas:
https://forums.radioreference.com/north-carolina-radio-discussion-forum/260715-scanner-buy-monitoring-nc.html

Marshall KE4ZNR

clackmannan

Thanks Marshall, I know it's only outbound only but it was still fun to listen to.

I did read that thread, looks like I've got some learning to do about what features I want/need now. Any particular preference over a BCD536HP vs a TRX2?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Any particular preference over a BCD536HP vs a TRX2?

Well since I helped bring the 536 to market my preference should be pretty obvious :D:cool:
It does well on the Durham System and VIPER for sure.
The remote head feature on the TRX-2 is a really nice feature.
Just depends on what features you think you would use more.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.