RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 11:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Summer - western NC mountains; Winter - central FL gulf coast

Has anyone considered the possibility that this might have been an image that was received by the OP? ...just sayin'
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2018, 11:40 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief21 View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that this might have been an image that was received by the OP? ...just sayin'
That's what I was thinking. Also he said they sound like hams but didn't say if they were using ham callsigns.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

As I stated in one of my earlier posts, since some want to be critical and pick apart every friggen word I say, "the conversations sounded like they were using ham radio, ranging from discussing where their favorite coach lived to a house their friend is in they haven't seen in a while, and towards the end someone in a low voice that was actually whispering saying there's someone that was murdered and is laying dead in a house right now and that they will never catch the person that did it." I said it SOUNDED LIKE they were using ham radio with the discussions they were talking about, not sounded like they were using A ham radio...

Not anywhere in there did I say I thought they were using a ham radio specifically as the radio they were talking on, nor did I say I thought they were ham operators themselves, read my context again, So before you start jumping all over me you might wanna read over the context of my paragraphs a little more closely before you assume anything... The other members that said they were amateur operators understood what I was saying... I hope this clears up any confusion!
Old 07-02-2018, 11:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

And for the record, it hasn't happened again since the other night, trust me I've had my record function ready to go!
Old 07-16-2018, 2:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDavid78 View Post
the conversations sounded like they were using HAM radio, ..
Did you get any call signs? If it was hams they should ID every 10 minutes.
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2018, 2:59 PM

Default 453.7 pl 100.0

sometime between 9am and noon today there were a number of transmissions with what i assume is some sort of test signal. a long loud screech/beep. most times i have heard this in the past it was 2 am or something which is enough to make a person lock it out permanently. though it appears i didnt
Old 09-02-2018, 12:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacellamaman View Post
sometime between 9am and noon today there were a number of transmissions with what i assume is some sort of test signal. a long loud screech/beep. most times i have heard this in the past it was 2 am or something which is enough to make a person lock it out permanently. though it appears i didnt

Are you talking about this same frequency in the Charlotte-area of NC?

David
Old 09-03-2018, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDavid78 View Post
Are you talking about this same frequency in the Charlotte-area of NC?

David
that is correct. albemarle area to the NE of CLT. for about 3 years now periodically hearing oddball transmissions on it after years of hearing nothing on it. started, oddly enough about the time that Stanly Co LE was transitioning from UHF to VIPER (brief period before switching over to the current UASI setup). what got my attention was, one evening getting key ups, open mikes, heaving breathing, culminating in two transmission of.... "sup dawg" and nothing more. its been in constant rotation ever since, with very little, well nothing of interest since. i havent even heard personally the chit chat type stuff that kicked this thread off. mainly the screeching beep and occasional traffic from Gaston Co based on content. i have decided not to go by PL except as a guide.

anyhoo thats all