Durham City/County Fire merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I wonder how the talkgroups will be restructured(or not) from the merge today.
Nothing is changing as far as Communications. Still going to have the same talkgroups. Still going to have the same Co FD dispatch for County FDs like Bahama FD and Lebanon FD.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WA4MJF

I thought, from new reports, that the county departments were folded in to the Durham Fire Department. So why would there be a separate dispatch? Maybe because the City dispatchers do not know how to blow the sirens and tone out the pagers, but they could learn quickly. The one that I am familiar with Redwood VFD (used to keep a boat at Rollingview) would now be a Durham FD station, as I understand the news reports. Do you think Durham will station paid folks there or leave it volunteer?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I thought, from new reports, that the county departments were folded in to the Durham Fire Department. So why would there be a separate dispatch? Maybe because the City dispatchers do not know how to blow the sirens and tone out the pagers, but they could learn quickly. The one that I am familiar with Redwood VFD (used to keep a boat at Rollingview) would now be a Durham FD station, as I understand the news reports. Do you think Durham will station paid folks there or leave it volunteer?
Ronnie: please reread my post above again. Not all county FD stations are being absorbed by the City. But hey I am sure you know more than I do. I am only the person responsible for making sure all of the radios (including the 2 alerting consolettes) at the 2 county stations affected have been reprogrammed to match existing City radios. Not like I would know what I am talking about or anything.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WA4MJF

No, just what I hear on the news, which said Durham County fire departments would be merged with Durham City FD. No mention of just a couple. I guess the PIO gave out a wrong news release, or the infobabe WRAL has in Durham now misread it. Something about not knowing where the county\city line was. Here in Wake we send the rural departments with Raleigh near the borders to help. Folks don't care what the marking on the equipment says. Just like in Knightdale where Wake New Hope or Eastern Wake respond in town. Just whichever territory it turns out to be is the department that makes the report. Same-same with Cary where rural department goes if they closest, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.