Hickory PD Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Hickory Police Dept/Hickory Public Safety has changed any of their channels? The system info can be found here: Hickory Public Safety. I ask because I’ve been doing some testing for the past hour close to downtown Hickory and I’ve tried all 3 channels listed in the DB using UniTrunker and I’m not getting anything! I know there had to be at least 1 radio transmission within the hour I’ve been here so either UniTrunker can’t be used to monitor Harris Systems or they changed their frequencies around... Anybody know? Thanks y’all!

drayd48

There is something with Hickory PD where no one can monitor or talk to them, even Hickory FD. I thought they were on an open sky system which is the system that harris makes, but I could be wrong

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
There is something with Hickory PD where no one can monitor or talk to them, even Hickory FD. I thought they were on an open sky system which is the system that harris makes, but I could be wrong

They are on OpenSky from what I heard but they're listed in the DB as P25 Phase-1 not OpenSky but it hasn't been updated in over 2 years alot can change, however somehow I was under the impression they have a bridge or X-patch that simulcasts the OpenSky over the radio as Phase-1 P25. I was able to hear them several months ago at my Fire Station but they barely came in from there. What I was trying to do was find out their Bandplan as Harris has their own unique bandplans for each agency sometimes. West Palm Beach FL Police bandplan started with 855.0000 instead of the usual Motorola 851.0125 so me and a buddy were wondering how their system was set up. I took my Unitrunker to the heart of downtown Hickory and several other places and I couldn't get anything. I tried all of their frequencies, including ones listed on the FCC website that aren't listed on here. The tricky part is I've heard of Harris systems not having a unique Control Channel, that each channel can be used as a rolling CC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.