Hurricane Florence Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This thread is for discussing monitoring info for Hurricane Florence.
Please help us keep it on topic.
Thanks and be safe!
Marshall KE4ZNR

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
These total accumulated precipitation numbers are insane. It's just from a forecast model, let's hope it stays that way.

Attachments

• us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018091000_156_480_220.jpg
    us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018091000_156_480_220.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,846

ipfd320

Banned
Besides Being Under a State of Emergency this Storm whats Predicted to be a Cat 3 at 2am when it makes Landfall into Wilmington--The Tropical Winds reach from N.Florida to Central N.J.

Here is a Storm Tracker Link
https://www.cyclocane.com/florence-storm-tracker/

There is also a Thread Brought back from the Dead on FEMA Movement and Closures Scroll Down to the Bottom

https://forums.radioreference.com/n...321415-fema-staged-simmons-aaf-via-notam.html

I Wish You All Good Luck and be Safe--Most of All Prepare--This is a NO Joke Storm

reconrider8

keeping in the radio theme. what are some of the frequencies that people should have in their radios and scanners besize local public safety frequencies?

LEH

Premium Subscriber
As of 12 Noon now a Cat-4 storm, and anyone hear of any road closings for people trying to get into the area. I am planning on leaving Wed morning with an arrival time traffic permitting of around 4pm. to the Southport area.

There probably won't be any such announcements until Wed as the track becomes a bit more stable. I'd be checking some of the Wilmington, NC area media web pages for updates. I'd be considering changing plans if you're going to be staying. Passing through you most likely would be okay (maybe some rain and strong wind gusts) as the forecast right now still has it well out to sea (bands will be near land though) on Wed. Landfall isn't forecast until late Thur/early Fri.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
SC has ordered evacuations starting tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

troymail

Silent Key
Left the coast just north of Myrtle Beach to get away... Charlotte looked better yesterday... may be hitting the road in a few days...

Edit: local news here in Charlotte is reporting expect heavy rain on the east side of the state along the coast to Raleigh and tapering off as you go west with only a few inches here... this time next week we'll know who is right...

Last edited:

NC1

Started preparing this morning. Got fresh batteries, filled all the vehicles and gas cans, charged every battery I have, filled all containers with water, all emergency and first aid supplies are ready if needed, chain saws and generators have been tested and fueled up, and have no cash on hand because I spent it all this morning getting ready for the storm :)

Anything I'm forgetting?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Georgia but I may be headed there. I'm part of an SAR and EMA group that, with Georgia EMA, has MOUs with South Carolina and it wouldn't be the first time we've left the state to provide assistance.

(I'm running out of acronyms.)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Left the coast just north of Myrtle Beach to get away... Charlotte looked better yesterday... may be hitting the road in a few days...

Edit: local news here in Charlotte is reporting expect heavy rain on the east side of the state along the coast to Raleigh and tapering off as you go west with only a few inches here... this time next week we'll know who is right...

Be safe

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Just had interview with a civilian position with the Highway Patrol.

Had to wait because the command staff was on a conference call with all parties involved.

So they are probably going to activate a signal 11 very soon.

Signal 11 is all troopers effected by a radio signal to prepare and respond for emergency duty if

requested.

Just passing info along

David

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Staying put in Hubert. We are 8 miles from the beach between Camp Lejeune and Swansboro, NC. Will finish boarding up the windows tomorrow.

Will check into the Coastal Carolina Emergency Net on 3907. Local news media is warning residents that power may be out for a month or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.