North Carolina Medevac Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Over the past couple of weeks I've been putting together a Wiki page with NC medevac aircraft, and any information I can obtain on the Viper TG and RID and conventional frequencies. I'm also including information from surrounding states, as I've been seeing those aircraft coming to NC hospitals at times.

I'd appreciate anyone having an interest in the information to make suggestions and/or add to the Wiki page, or send me the info and I'll update it. I'd previously searched for this info and couldn't find any good source, so decided to create one.

NC Medical Helicopters - The RadioReference Wiki

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Some of my shorthand heli notes:

N485EC vidant
mt olive base

UNC Air care bases at Goldsboro, Nash General/Rocky Mt (Tarheel4), Burlington (Tarheel1), and Aberdeen

Im not 100% the chopper name/base matching but thats what I had. #1 used to base at Horace airport in Chapel Hill until it recently closed.

Duke: N136KY (backup due to crash) . I have it as a H135, but these notes are a little old so may not still be accurate.

Hope this all helps!

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
Carolinas Medical Center uses 51533 for their aircraft dispatch. I don't hear much about flight following, that must be electronic.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Carolinas Medical Center uses 51533 for their aircraft dispatch. I don't hear much about flight following, that must be electronic.
Thanks for the confirmation. I have both 51533 and 51535 in the wiki entry for them.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
51535 is all ground dispatch. I will double check next time I hear it key up, but pretty sure on that

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
just confirmed that 51533 is for air comms with Med Center Air in Charlotte, hearing traffic now

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
just confirmed that 51533 is for air comms with Med Center Air in Charlotte, hearing traffic now

Thanks for confirmation, I can not hear the comms here in Raleigh, but have been watching med helo N433CM flying around tonight.

jdifabio

Premium Subscriber
Medivac

Howdy, I work for EastCare and this is the most up to date info
* EastCare 1 Warren Washington Airport Beaufort Co N854EC (currently out for maintenance,spare in use)
* EastCare 2 RWI Airport Nash Co EC135EC
* EastCare 3 CarolinaEast Hospital Helipad N816EC (currently out for maintenance, loaner in use)
* EastCare 4 Mount Olive Airport, Wayne Co (loaner in use)
* EastCare 5 Albert J Ellis Airport, Onslow Co. N485EC, awaiting base completion, currently being dispatched out of CarolinaEast Hospital Helipad base
* EastCare 6 N640EC, spare aircraft,currently being used by EastCare 1. Only takes upon Eastcare 6 designation during test flights or additional aircraft placed in to services (ie. floods)

Hope this helps, I will try to keep updated

Joe

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, I work for EastCare and this is the most up to date info
* EastCare 1 Warren Washington Airport Beaufort Co N854EC (currently out for maintenance,spare in use)
* EastCare 2 RWI Airport Nash Co EC135EC
* EastCare 3 CarolinaEast Hospital Helipad N816EC (currently out for maintenance, loaner in use)
* EastCare 4 Mount Olive Airport, Wayne Co (loaner in use)
* EastCare 5 Albert J Ellis Airport, Onslow Co. N485EC, awaiting base completion, currently being dispatched out of CarolinaEast Hospital Helipad base
* EastCare 6 N640EC, spare aircraft,currently being used by EastCare 1. Only takes upon Eastcare 6 designation during test flights or additional aircraft placed in to services (ie. floods)

Hope this helps, I will try to keep updated

Joe

Thanks, I'll add this to the wiki. Would you be able to provide the Tail Numbers of the loaner helos?

AJIComm1

You have 4 helos listed for MAMA in Asheville. One could be a spare and one is not in FAA Database but pics have that Tail number so 2 may be spares. I am working with my contacts at MEDCOM To get which helo has which unit numbers

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You have 4 helos listed for MAMA in Asheville. One could be a spare and one is not in FAA Database but pics have that Tail number so 2 may be spares. I am working with my contacts at MEDCOM To get which helo has which unit numbers
Appreciate the help.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
EastCare 3 loaner N935MC, will confirm EastCare 4 loaner tail number

Joe

Thanks for the update, I have not seen that aircraft pop up, but see it on the Flight History on Flightaware.

So far, the East Care aircraft I've seen on Flightradar and ADS are N135EC (East Care 2), N485EC, N640EC, N816EC, N845EC, and N995AL (East Care 4, which I assume is a loaner).

mcrabtree

Carolina Air Care

Tarheel 1 is based at Chatham hospital in siler city
T2 is based at Aberdeen fire station 2
T3 is based at Goldsboro Airport
T4 is based at Nash General Hospital at the old helipad
T5 is coming soon the laurinburg lumberton area as N865NC

N135CJ and N137AM both ec135s are used as backups.

mcrabtree

New Hanover Airlink

Airlink 1- N605SS EC135. Albert Ellis Airport
Airlink 2- N611LS EC135. Columbus Regional Hospital Whiteville NC
Backup- N891T EC135

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Carolina Air Care

N135CJ and N137AM both ec135s are used as backups.

Couldn't find the registration for N135CJ in FAA or Flightaware.com databases, but updated both Carolina Air Care and New Hanover.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

mcrabtree

Here’s a pic

Attachments

• 540FF489-29A8-4A9C-89D5-6445397E9C71.jpg
    540FF489-29A8-4A9C-89D5-6445397E9C71.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 168

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I'll add it. I've actually seen this aircraft flying (on Flightradar24) and had it listed as unidentified, it has now been moved to the UNC Carolina Air listing.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.