Summer Shootout Races at Lowe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill28227

The Summer Shootout Races at Lowes on Tuesday's are a great family racing event. It draws a nice crowd and the announcers work the crowd up quite a bit. The races are on the small inner track that is up close to the stands. Price is $7 for adults, less or free for kids. Open seating. The cars are smaller than normal cars and drivers are from the age 8 an up through adult. Formal racing starts at 7:30 but time trials begin about 5 PM.

With that said the radio traffic is available on your scanner. Besure you wear earphones as the car noise is loud! Very few drivers use spotters so you will not hear much of that. FRS is seldom used. Below are the most common frequencies that the race track uses. Give it a try.

451.9875 Security
456.6125 Flag Stand and announcers intercom
454.0000 One way traffic from the Race Director to all car drivers
461.9000 Track Maintenance and cleanup
462.1500 Race car lineup for future races

Bill

nitroboie

I went last year with my parents and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The cars race on the 1/4 mile track on the infield so no matter where you sit, you'll have an excellent view of all of the action. The car noise wasn't that bad, it was just the top series (can't remember the name) cars that were SCREAMING. Also, those are the same frequencies I found during the Nascar races in May so I'm happy to see they don't switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.