NCSHP Highband sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten42

I know SHP doesn't use their highband channels much, but does anyone have a list or a map showing where those repeaters were located and which channel (3,6, or 7) was used at that site? Searching frequency databases I found numerous sites, some licensed for a repeater some just for a base station. Secondly, has anyone heard communications on Highband 5 155.475? I live on the VA/NC line and the Pittsylvania County Sheriffs Office uses it for car to car, the local Motorola shop inlcuded a PL tone of 118.8 so they cant communicate with NC agencies, smart thinking..NOT, but monitoring carrier squelch I havent heard any NC agency using this frequency. Here is a list of the highband repeater sites I know of, maybe someone can add to or complete it:

Channel 3
WQJ-333 Burlington
WNRZ-418 Newport
WNSL-604 Delco

Channel 6
KIB-898 Mt Mitchell
KLW-438 Jacksonville
KIB-894 Raleigh
WNRZ-420 Columbia

Channel 7
WGC-581 Pilot Mtn

David Hartman,
KA4DWH
Danville, VA

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
FWIW - At one time, the Forsyth County, Ga Police used to be repeated by over the channel 7 NCHP repeaters occasionally. I have not logged them in about 3 years, though.

The Forsyth simplex channel is reportedly still in use, although they may have changed the PL tone.

More recently, there is a public works agency being rebroadcast on one of the NCHP repeater channels occasionally, but I haven't been able to determine whether it's coming across 3, 6 or 7.

Actual NCHP traffic across the repeaters has been minimal here,

This is ancient information, but here's a couple more NCHP repeater sites:

Channel 3:
Cedar Creek / Sampson County
Concord / Cabarrus County
Greenville / Pitt County
Channel 6:
Brinkleyville / Halifax County
Mount Mitchell / Yancey County

BTW, David ... I know you visit the Outer Banks, and possibly Virginia Beach. 154.680 / 131.8 is also used by the State of New Jersey as a primary channel for communications between dispatch centers in an emergency. If you're visiting either resort area, and a tropo opening is apparent, listen to 154.680.

Georgia State Police use 154.680 / csq statewide for dispatching to their cars, with the cars replying on 154.800 / csq. During the end of July and beginning of August, I logged several Ga dispatch centers on 154.680, with the farthest one being the "Manchester" center in Meriwether County, south of Atlanta. The GSP dispatchers are very good about I-Ding with callsign and location.

Regarding 155.475, Cleveland County Sheriffs use 155.475 / 167.9 for car-to-car chit-chat. I have also logged an unidentified agency in the NC Foothills using 155.475 / 151.4 for chit-chat.

In my immediate area, someone occasionally uses 155.475 / csq with analogue scrambling, but I haven't been able to I-D them.

155.445 / 131.8 is also still audible in my area (I live within 5 miles of 2 NC counties, and another SC county).

Ten42

NCSHP highband sites

Thanks Jeff and Wes for your replies. Jeff, i am actually leaving this week for Carteret County, hopes of logging the USF&W freq's that seem all elusive, as well the marine band which is usually very busy down there.
As for 154.680, I have searched and searched for an online scanner in Georgia with the GSP dispatch. I have this freq in my Specta and its excellent monitoring when I am passing thru. The SHP HB 3 repeater on Cane Mtn in Burlington at one time repeated the Isle of Wight Sheriffs Office from eastern VA but apparently IoW changed tones or something fixed that problem. Anyways, thanks again for the input,

David
KA4DWH

msigmon3306

155.475 is National Law Mutual Aid. We've been using it at the Rock Barn Golf Tournament as the command net for the past few years.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I have searched and searched for an online scanner in Georgia with the GSP dispatch

David,

Check the ScanGwinnett.com site, which should link you to a large number of scanner feeds that "Gordon" is hosting in Georgia, Florida, and (recently) Spartanburg, S.C. You might want to drop Gordon an e-mail, as he would be familiar with what's programmed on each site.

haven't heard actual use of ch3 here in Carteret County in years (other than occasional momentary key up, possibly due to band opening or equip failure)....and have never heard ch6 jacksonville.

Barefootdipole

Ten42

ncshp ch 6 jacksonville

Jacksonville (Channel 6) was on the air in August, a trooper and I were discussing the highband equipment, which he stated its usually car-to-car channel 2 if and when its used, but he keyed it up while we were talking about it. We were outside Camp LeJunne by the way. There was a brief conversation (chit-chat) on Channel 2 during the air show @ Pope AFB last month while I was there also.

David Hartman

re:ch6 jax

davidhartmn said:
Jacksonville (Channel 6) was on the air in August, a trooper and I were discussing the highband equipment, which he stated its usually car-to-car channel 2 if and when its used, but he keyed it up while we were talking about it. We were outside Camp LeJunne by the way. There was a brief conversation (chit-chat) on Channel 2 during the air show @ Pope AFB last month while I was there also.

David Hartman

interesting. that jax ch6 may be what i'm hearing here in western carteret county occasionaly being just keyed up.....and yes, here too i've heard ch2 and ch1 recently (but rarely)......i think the carteret ch3 is being allowed to rust-in-place....

Barefootdipole

Status
Not open for further replies.