Mototola i355 antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALMountain

I have some motorola i355 phones that i use for the off-network direct talk feature. I know that motorola makes a factory extended antenna for this phone but im looking for some better antennas that i can get even more range on. I also know of the Yagi antenna and the Omni antenna but these are to big as they would have to be mounted to a home for a base antenna or a vehicle as a mobile application. Both of those are great but im looking for an antenna for a handheld application. One antenna im looking at is on L-com.com and is there 900 MHz 5 dBi Rubber Duck antenna that uses a SMA Male connector. So this antenna would have to screw into where the factory antenna is coming out of the top of the phone not the jack in the back of the phone. So i will need some kind of additional connector to make this setup work. My question is there a connector already out there that would allow me to screw in the SMA Male part of the antenna to one end of the connecter and to screw in the other part of the connector to where the stock antenna screws into the top of the phone? If so what kind of connector would i need and can you point me into the right direction? Also if there is not a connector already available that would allow me to do this and i can find someone or a business that could custom make me some that would allow this setup to work what kind of bottom end of the connector would it have to be to screw in to the top of the phone. For example i know the antenna has a SMA Male connector so one end of the custom made connector would have to be a SMA Male end. But i dont know what kind the other end of the custom made connector would have to be to screw into the top location of the phone? Thanks

JASII

Memory Capacity
Mototola i355 Antenna Question

I have Nextels that I use this way, also. What kind of range are you getting now and what do you hope to increase it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.