Recieving VFD pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge47

Yo Troops,
I don't know where to go on this one. I am a First Responder for American Red Cross, Salvation Army and C.E.R.T.s. The Problem for this post is Response Time. I do not self deploy. I am not a chaser. I must not respond until called. I drive a canteen truck mainly to fire disasters and Search and Rescue for Grayson,Fannin,Cooke and Montague counties and all cities within.
The respond call I get from the above agencies and fire I.C.s can be as much as 2 hours after they initally deploy. However, they want my ARC canteen truck asap and always ask "What took you so long to get here?" I have scanners that help but cannot take them with me in the rest of my daily life.
I get calls 24 hrs a day seven days a week. Many people are vaguely aware of a system that will get my Iphone to receive only the pages I want. This ol redneck can;t get this figured out. If I could get this figured out I might could buy a correct pager if a service don; cost much.
A phone that could recieve these pages would cut my responce time greately because I could be up and ready to go when I get the call.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sarge

DickH

Yo Troops,
I don't know where to go on this one. I am a First Responder for American Red Cross, Salvation Army and C.E.R.T.s. The Problem for this post is Response Time. I do not self deploy. I am not a chaser. I must not respond until called. I drive a canteen truck mainly to fire disasters and Search and Rescue for Grayson,Fannin,Cooke and Montague counties and all cities within.
The respond call I get from the above agencies and fire I.C.s can be as much as 2 hours after they initally deploy. However, they want my ARC canteen truck asap and always ask "What took you so long to get here?" I have scanners that help but cannot take them with me in the rest of my daily life.
I get calls 24 hrs a day seven days a week. Many people are vaguely aware of a system that will get my Iphone to receive only the pages I want. This ol redneck can;t get this figured out. If I could get this figured out I might could buy a correct pager if a service don; cost much.
A phone that could recieve these pages would cut my responce time greately because I could be up and ready to go when I get the call.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sarge

Since you are dealing with so many agencies, the only way to solve your problem is to tell them that if they want you sooner, they must call you sooner. It's really their problem, not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.