Location of cell towers by company

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I live in a development out in the middle of nowhere and we have a cell tower near me on one company, other towers are 5-10 miles away as the buzzard flies (we have no crows here).

Is there a website that lists what cell companies are on what towers? All the searches I have tried have been trying to sell cell service and plans and have not been able to really identify the actual cell site and companies present on them.

nd5y

Celluar carriers are licensed to operate in market areas. They can put sites anywhere in the market area so you can't look up sites in the FCC database. As far as I know they are not required to publish cell site locations.

You can look up towers on the ASR (antenna structure registration) database but that only shows who owns the tower and not all towers are required to be registered in the ASR database.

There are a few web sites like AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more. that appear to combine FCC ULS and ASR data but some of their data appears to be questionable.

ecps92

Have you also tried
https://opensignal.com/networks

I had great luck with it, back in the Nextel and early Sprint coversion days
I live in a development out in the middle of nowhere and we have a cell tower near me on one company, other towers are 5-10 miles away as the buzzard flies (we have no crows here).

Is there a website that lists what cell companies are on what towers? All the searches I have tried have been trying to sell cell service and plans and have not been able to really identify the actual cell site and companies present on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.