FirstNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Is anybody here using FirstNet? If so, what data speeds are you getting on it?

wilcomister

No difference yet. My T-Mobile Phone is usually faster. I do not expect any significant improvement until the new band is deployed. However AT&T is already deploying many new sites, the one thing I have noticed is better connectivity when at large scale events.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
... However AT&T is already deploying many new sites, the one thing I have noticed is better connectivity when at large scale events.

Thats exactly why I would want it. Im having issues at highschool football games somedays, much less large sporting events or conventions in the city (several thousand folks over a downtown area).

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Looking at the rate plans, I might pick up a phone just for the plan. Full unlimited for 60 isnt bad at all. (Im a first responder so I qualify)

If you are paying $60 for full unlimited, I suspect you are overpaying.
We're getting quoted in the $40 range, however we may negotiate the contract farther.

I'm placing an order here in the next week for a unit we'll use for testing.

We'll likely be moving our patrol car Cradlepoint units over onto First Net and if everything goes well, move the officers phones over.

Probably won't see any boost in speeds this early in the game. The big benefit is the preemption and better rate plans.
When Band 14 gets rolled out, it'll be a better deal. The Band 14 devices are going to get to run a bit more RF output than the other bands. Testing done down in College Station TX showed that they were getting faster speeds at farther distances with the additional power.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Unlimited calls, text and data.
Was on a conference call with FirstNet yesterday with our Cheif.

Check to see if your state has a contract you can get on. Don't go off the pricing at FirstNet.com

Markb

Premium Subscriber
We just met with our local ATT reps and will be running a few MDC's on FirstNet on a trial basis and see how it goes. No band 14 here yet.
We largely dumped ATT about 5 years ago due to poor network coverage in our city. They swear they've dumped a ton of money into improving it. I guess we shall see...

ipfd320

Banned
500 & 1000GB Plans
Smartphones$1,917-$3,702
Data-Only Devices$1,910-$3,685
Prices are per month. Data added is cumulative to the total data available to the group.

Thats Absolutely Friggin Nuts---Sorry Thats Hiway Robbery per Month

This is Just another Cash Cow for AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.