Digital or Analog - Franklin Co., OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khdmtcbvsymw

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am a new member and trying to decide whether I should purchase a digital scanner such as the BCD396T or an analog scanner such as the BC246T for use in Franklin County, OH. Although the home page of RadioReference.com states that "all the data is free", as a non-Premium Subscriber, I can not find a way to access the data for frequencies in Franklin Co., and even if I were able to access them, I doubt if I could determine from the data whether the listings were digital or analog since I am new to this sort of thing.
Therefore could some of you who are more familiar with the situation please post a reply advising me whether digital frequencies are in use here in Franklin County. --Thanks in advance.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Franklin County is analog. If you wish to monitor any state agencies such as the
Ohio State Highway Patrol, you will need a digital scanner, as the statewide MARCS
system uses digital voice modulation.

If a system has any hint of digital signal look for "APCO-25 or P-25" under
"System Type" or "System Voice".

Last edited:

ibagli

Although the home page of RadioReference.com states that "all the data is free", as a non-Premium Subscriber, I can not find a way to access the data for frequencies in Franklin Co., and even if I were able to access them, I doubt if I could determine from the data whether the listings were digital or analog since I am new to this sort of thing.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2064

Status
Not open for further replies.