Ohio MARCS Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can find the MARCS tower locations by GPS coordinance? I had the list at one time and now I cannot find it :( Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone know where I can find the MARCS tower locations by GPS coordinance? I had the list at one time and now I cannot find it :( Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

You can look in the RRDB for State of Ohio MARCS and each site typically lists them.

You can go here and use what I have (which I'm sure some will say is not 100% accurate and very well may not be) :

1xx Sites
2xx Sites
3xx Sites
4xx Sites

That, of course, is not a convenient one-per-line list. But it's there if it is useful.

Mike

ajpritch

That will get you most. However for example in Franklin County when you click on site 101 It just pulls up the downtown location. As Tom has informed me they share all the towers that the Franklin County Public Saftey system uses. This is probably also the case around Cleveland and Cincy but I am not postive on those

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That will get you most. However for example in Franklin County when you click on site 101 It just pulls up the downtown location. As Tom has informed me they share all the towers that the Franklin County Public Saftey system uses. This is probably also the case around Cleveland and Cincy but I am not postive on those

Cleveland and Cincinnati have individual sites; Columbus is the only simulcast site in the system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

101 is listed many times - 5 times, for 5 individual sites. Now, I admit that info is based upon FCC data and may not be the "correct" sites, but I do have all five sites listed as 101 for the simulcast portion.

mike

brynsax

i need help with marcs

can someone please tell me how to program marcs into my scanner it is a uniden trunktracker111 BC246T. is it anything like programming trunked freq.?

n8myc

Not with that scanner. What you have there is an analog scanner. What you need is a digital scanner such as the Uniden BC396 or 996 or Ratshack models pro96 and 2096. MARCS is all digital.

Last edited:

paul1

Premium Subscriber
bridgeport ohio marcs tower freq

dose aneyone have the freq. for the bridgeport ohio marcs tower . thanks paul1

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
dose aneyone have the freq. for the bridgeport ohio marcs tower . thanks paul1

Paul,

Bridgeport is Site 438 Kirkwood. I think the current CC is 868.0500 .

You want the CCs plugged in for 438 Kirkwood if you want Bridgeport. It really ought to be labeled Bridgeport. It is IN Bridgeport. There is no zip code for Kirkwood - it's not even a village. It's just in the RRDB based upon the FCC license info, but it's really Bridgeport.

Mike

paul1

Premium Subscriber
bridgeport marcs tower

Ok Mike i thought that was it i just wanted to double check myself I checked the freq in my trunked groop for the Ohio MARC TRUNK And it was there . thanks for your time and intrest .PAUL1

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
101 is listed many times - 5 times, for 5 individual sites. Now, I admit that info is based upon FCC data and may not be the "correct" sites, but I do have all five sites listed as 101 for the simulcast portion.

For scanner (and real radio) purposes, 101 is a single site.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Paul,

Bridgeport is Site 438 Kirkwood. I think the current CC is 868.0500 .

You want the CCs plugged in for 438 Kirkwood if you want Bridgeport. It really ought to be labeled Bridgeport. It is IN Bridgeport. There is no zip code for Kirkwood - it's not even a village. It's just in the RRDB based upon the FCC license info, but it's really Bridgeport.

The site itself also broadcasts Kirkwood (actually KIRKWD, IIRC).

pmartin1

Premium Subscriber
Ohio Marcs Towers

I live in Canton i hear alot of the state patrol, was in cleveland the other day and i heard nothing what tower freq's do i need to add to hear them in akron and cleveland, do i need all of them or is there just one or 2? i hane all the freq's added in my scanner but hear nothing. Thanks pmartin1

Last edited:

Nasby

Just look at the Ohio Marcs database and select the tower freqs for the counties and neighboring counties you will be in (Cuyahoga, Medina, Summit, Portgage, etc.). You just need to program the control channels which are highlighted in red.

GregOH

Thing I don't get is the Coshocton County Conesville tower is shown at 15971 County Road 271, when it clearly looks to be located at 14561 Township Rd 263.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Thing I don't get is the Coshocton County Conesville tower is shown at 15971 County Road 271, when it clearly looks to be located at 14561 Township Rd 263.

Was just in hat area yesterday - could have checked :) (Wills Creek)

GregOH

Was just in hat area yesterday - could have checked :) (Wills Creek)

I was there yesterday too and could see it off in the distance from rte 83.

I've just been looking at a google earth view of the towers for that area and I keep asking myself if it's correct.

I'm putting together a township/road map for the entire county to have the ability to look at specific locations and I wanted to add the tower locations to it, and that tower location seems as if it could be a bit off. Maybe I'm wrong, this is all pretty new to me.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I was there yesterday too and could see it off in the distance from rte 83.

I've just been looking at a google earth view of the towers for that area and I keep asking myself if it's correct.

I'm putting together a township/road map for the entire county to have the ability to look at specific locations and I wanted to add the tower locations to it, and that tower location seems as if it could be a bit off. Maybe I'm wrong, this is all pretty new to me.

I'll check into this. However, just because you see a tower, doesn't mean that tower is _the_ tower, right? I mean there are scads of towers all over the county.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
All of the State of Ohio stuff in Conesville is at 15971 County Road 271 ( 40.170722, -81.872917 ) - on an actual tower

AEP/Ohio Power stuff in Conesville is at 14561 Township Rd 263 ( 40.16342 -81.86847 ) - on an AEP facility structure

Both addresses are very close in vicinity -- one on top of a structure at the plant (14561 Township Rd 263), and one on a tower behind the plant (15971 County Road 271).

Use the Lat/Long coordinates listed, not the addresses. The addresses [when plugged into Google / Bing] will quite often be a bit off of the actual location of the tower, whereas the actual lat/long coordinates are more often than not right on the money -- or close enough to the tower so that you can see the site.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.