Ottawa Co EDACs question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davkenrem

Hello all.
I have a BC996T and I'm programming my Radio with Frescan (GREAT SOFTWARE!!!!). I'm trying to add Ottawa Co EDACS. I used EZ-Grab right from the Database here, but never hear anything. Please look at my setting and let me know if you see anything I have setup wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Dave- KD8JGQ

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If you aren't even hearing the control channel when you manually step through the frequencies - you aren't close enough to trunktrack either. Try a better antenna or location.

jpryor

Sounds like it could indeed be your distance away from their system if you're attempting to listen from Toledo. Their system only has two transmitter sites, one between Oak Harbor and Port Clinton, and the other out by Marblehead (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WNPO245). I never had great luck with Ottawa County from within the City of Toledo area. An antenna enhancement may possibly improve your situation. I'm in Oregon now and can not pick up Ottawa County all that well from here either unless I use one of my directional 800 MHz antennas.

The only other thing I can see possibly from your screen shots is that you have specified the "Decimal" EDACS ID format, but the TGIDs you have are in the AFS (Agency-Fleet-Subfleet) format. I'm not sure if that will cause problems with the programming with FreeSCAN and the BC996 or not. If you are getting a control channel data signal on one frequency when manually stepping through the system frequencies, try changing that ID format setting, or set the ID Mode to "ID Search" to see if activity comes through.

Jeff KC8NNO

davkenrem

The only other thing I can see possibly from your screen shots is that you have specified the "Decimal" EDACS ID format, but the TGIDs you have are in the AFS (Agency-Fleet-Subfleet) format. I'm not sure if that will cause problems with the programming with FreeSCAN and the BC996 or not. If you are getting a control channel data signal on one frequency when manually stepping through the system frequencies, try changing that ID format setting, or set the ID Mode to "ID Search" to see if activity comes through.

Jeff KC8NNO

I think this is probably it. Good catch I'll try it today and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.