Just got a pro 95 need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeg5513

I just bought a Pro 95. I figured out how to program it. But still have some questions requarding alpha taging. Is there anyone in the cleveland area who would be willing to meet with me, or talk on the phone about this? Also, I am wondering about getting the cable to connect my PC to the scanner. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike

hogwmn

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack Scanners forum

I just bought a Pro 95. I figured out how to program it. But still have some questions requarding alpha taging. Is there anyone in the cleveland area who would be willing to meet with me, or talk on the phone about this? Also, I am wondering about getting the cable to connect my PC to the scanner. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike
you mit want to move to Radio Shack Scanners forum and post

Mikeg5513

I dont need help with getting frequencies. I have some questions like, how can I use AFS when trunking? What is DEC and HEX, what are fleet maps, talk group id's, sub banks... stuff like that

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I dont need help with getting frequencies. I have some questions like, how can I use AFS when trunking? What is DEC and HEX, what are fleet maps, talk group id's, sub banks... stuff like that

All of that and more is explained in the Trunking Wiki FAQ:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking

Pay particular attention to the Trunking Theory 101 and Understanding Trunking.

Mikeg5513

Ok I read all that stuff. Good info. Back to my original request, Is there anyone local (cleveland area) that would be willing to meet up, or talk to me on the phone, about my pro 95 and programing it?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
You can find a programming shortcut for the 95 under my signature. A free program for the 95 can be downloaded at www.starrsoft.com.This program will require a programming cable which plugs into the PC/IF port on the side. Radio Shack cable 20-047 should be available at most stores.

DEC is the talkgroup ID number you will need for programming. HEX is the value found in the transmitter radios and the 95 converts this value to DEC. AFS is used to change DEC for use in Motorola type I or the type I part of Motorola I/II Hybrid systems. Not many of these systems are around anymore. AFS also changes EDACS DEC to use in scanners if desired. I don't recall if the 95 will allow AFS for EDACS systems.

The shortcut will describe how to program the system and how to use alpha/numeric TEXT.

Mikeg5513

thanks for all the liks and help.

Thanks to all for there help with the matter. I got Don's software, and the cable.. I am up and running! I guess it just took me about a week of figuring things out. (I know, I cant spell, but you get the point).

Mike

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Glad you got it going and welcome to the board.
Enjoy that 95 and give it a good workout.

Since you are around Parma, you may want to
grab a Pro-96 now that they are much cheaper,
since Parma is now a P-25 system as is nearby
Summit County and Ohio MARCS.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Myself and others often meet on the west side. Most times it is Friday or Saturday eve after 23:00. Denny's, I-Hop or Steak-n-Shake. You are welcome to join us. We often work through issues we are having with a system or scanner. IM me if you are interested.

Mikeg5513

thanks for the invite.. quick question... i have some federal freqs. I am pretty sure they are all encrypted, I havnt heard any actual talking, just noise.. But on most occaions. on freq 167.56500, i pick up a very crappy signal of radio station 90.3 fm. any explination?

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
That would be because the Pro-95 can't recieve WFM signals. The signal is to wide for it to demodulate and there for would sound all distorted which is probably why you say the signal is very crappy sounding.

Mikeg5513

That would be because the Pro-95 can't recieve WFM signals. The signal is to wide for it to demodulate and there for would sound all distorted which is probably why you say the signal is very crappy sounding.

I understand that it can't pick up Wide Fm, only narrow.. But why would 90.3 fm, show up in the 165 mhz band? If it were an issue of bleed through, wouldnt that radio station bleed in to 90 mhz band?

Don_Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.