Dayton/Montgomery County Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

paracom

Premium Subscriber
Has Montgomery County changed something? My 396 is silent now on both Dayton and the county. Thanks

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Montgomery County just fine on my 396 and I live in the South part of Middletown. Current control channel is 867.650.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have all CC's programmed in for both systems as they change every 24hrs. Also do you have any ID's stored in your 396 for both systems? If not and you accidently put it in ID Scan mode then you wouldn't hear anything if you don't have any ID's programmed into the systems.

If you don't mind tell us how you have both systems programmed into the scanner and we can go from there.

paracom

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I did have 196 ID's programed for the county and it's been working fine all year. I manually deleted all groups, leaving only the CC's, and it did start to work in search- a little. It's like the antenna is disconnected. It will be silent for hours then it will start to pick up traffic.

This started a week after our little hurricane, I had gone through 14 sets of batteries, and I wonder if this could have done something.

So, to make thinks worse, I loaded V3 on it last week, figured it couldn't hurt.
It hurt bad. I have this 396 run through the stereo and keep it up so we can hear it in other areas. It's been nice and clear all year, nothing but static now.
So my problem is now compounded I think?

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Paracom:

I'm a fellow 396 user living in near Moraine. If you need some help, let me know and we can meet up in the next few days...I can take a look-see and try to help figure out what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.