ISG Cleveland, and CWRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeg5513

I work at ISG, now called ArcelorMittal steel usa. We use 800 mhz EDACS standard. I have searched the data base here, and some pages on the FCC website. It looks as is the information here on RR is a bit dated. While I'm at work, I programed the controls, and the other freqs listed in the database here, In LCN.... I have discoverd more talk groups than listed here. I work in TG 1, so my radio (at work) has all the alpha tags for tg 1. Using my scanner (pro 95), I have come across 15 talk groups. I tryed to figure out what talk group is whatt deprtment, but its kinda tricky. Is there a way to find more current information on the alpha tags, and TG's?

As far as the CWRO (cleveland works railway), I have found 2 freqs for them in the 160 mhz range, and according to RR they also use one of the TG's on the edacs system.. I know I am still missing freqs for the Rail Road, because I watch the guys on the Railroad, I can see them speaking in thier Mic's but the scanner doesnt pick em up.. I have tryed to "scan" freqs to find them, but they are usually real short tranmissions, and they dont last long. I have thought about using my Freq counter to find the freqs, but I might be too far away for that.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I work at ISG, now called ArcelorMittal steel usa. We use 800 mhz EDACS standard. I have searched the data base here, and some pages on the FCC website. It looks as is the information here on RR is a bit dated. While I'm at work, I programed the controls, and the other freqs listed in the database here, In LCN.... I have discovered more talk groups than listed here. I work in TG 1, so my radio (at work) has all the alpha tags for tg 1. Using my scanner (pro 95), I have come across 15 talk groups. I tryed to figure out what talk group is whatt deprtment, but its kinda tricky. Is there a way to find more current information on the alpha tags, and TG's?

That is the real fun of our hobby, figuring out who is who and discovering new frequencies and talkgroups.
If it hasn't been submitted to the database here, then mostly likely no one has found them yet.
This is especially true for business systems, as there is less interest in them than public safety systems.

As far as the CWRO (cleveland works railway), I have found 2 freqs for them in the 160 mhz range, and according to RR they also use one of the TG's on the edacs system.. I know I am still missing freqs for the Rail Road, because I watch the guys on the Railroad, I can see them speaking in thier Mic's but the scanner doesnt pick em up.. I have tryed to "scan" freqs to find them, but they are usually real short tranmissions, and they dont last long. I have thought about using my Freq counter to find the freqs, but I might be too far away for that.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Can you tell by the antenna on the radios what band they are for?
Longer for VHF, shorter for UHF, shorter still for 800 MHz.

If you can't find them with a search of the railroad band 160.215 - 161.5650,
then try the business band UHF 461 - 465 and 466 - 470 MHz.

Mikeg5513

I dont know what band they are using according to antenna size. I work up in an over head crane about 60 ft up in the air. From what I can see, Their antennae are about the size of a standard rubber duckie, that would come with a hand held scanner. Do you think my freq counter would help? Its a Radio Shack cat no 22-306. I havnt used it much, but it's got to be worth a shot.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That is the real fun of our hobby, figuring out who is who and discovering new frequencies and talkgroups. If it hasn't been submitted to the database here, then mostly likely no one has found them yet. This is especially true for business systems, as there is less interest in them than public safety systems.

And don't forget to submit your findings, corrections, etc to the database for inclusion in the system listings...

rcool101

Feed Provider
Hi Mike. I also work for ISG Weirton and also run a crane. I take 2 scanners with me to work. Uniden 246 and a Uniden 396. I listen to the outside world with one and the inter mill workings with the other. I put mine on close call and was able to get every freq that I needed. I had it a lot easier though all freqs were in the 462 range non trunked

Mikeg5513

Well hello fellow crane operator! I use a radio shack pro 95, dont have the "close call" feature you are talking about.. How are things going for you guys down there? They are taking our last blast furnace down on the 28th till further notice. I did find one more frequency allocated to the CWRO on the fcc website that wasnt here on RR. That might be the freq I am missing. Its 160.47.... if anyone care to know.

Mike

poormr

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

I am an end user of your tonnage down here in Central Ohio and an avid scanner listener. You just never know who you may run into.... it is a small world.

Take care.

Mikeg5513

Ok just got home from work.. I found the freq i needed.. When I saw the rail road spotter keying up, I used my Freq counter to try and find the freq. Only problem was that the transmitions, were real short, so the freq counter only locked in the band. which is 160. So i set up my limit search function on my scanner to 160.000 to 161.000. Low and behold, I found the freq when the mic was keyed. for all of those who care, which is probly just me, the freq is 160.380 I will submit my findings to the data base.

poormr

Premium Subscriber
rcool101,

I use your steel or I should say I use some material out of the ArcelorMittal Cleveland facility. I consume about 17,000 ton a month from your total corporation but most of my tonnage comes from your facility (I/N Tec) in New Carlisle, Ind.

Status
Not open for further replies.