Cincinnati digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikeman

Can anyone tell me if the city of Cincinnati Police and Fire Dept is digital? If they are digital, do I have to buy a digital scanner to recieve the broadcasts?

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
yes they are you can google monix thats they cincy area scanner group they have lots of usefully info

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The cheapest route would be to get a Pro-96, these are currently on close-out
at Radio Shack. I would suggest keeping an eye out on their website
this Friday (Black Friday) or stopping in a local store for possible
unannounced sales. Most Cincinnati area Radio Shacks should have the
MONIX Clone files already optimized for listening to Hamilton County-Cincinnati.
So you may be able to get one cloned and it will be ready to go as you head out the door.

wolverine

As RadioScan advised, the Pro-96 would be your cheapest bet, however i would recomend getting the GRE PSR-500 or the new RadioShack Pro-106.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I would go with the Pro-106 much better decode of the system than the Pro-96 if you want to monitor Cincy PD/FD. Also another thing to keep in mind when monitoring Cincy PD now a days is that most of there talkgroups are encrypted. The main Dispatch talkgroups for the Five police districts are in the clear but everything else is encrypted. Now Fire is mostly unencrypted like Dispatch and the Firegrounds but the Arson Investigators are encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.