Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy1

Was wondering if anyone in or around allen county would try to confirm these two frequencies recently heard in lima,oh.Didn't sound like law enforcement,Maybe a shipping and receiving facility?I was picking them both up on my old pro-26 handheld that will pick up bleed over from near by repeater towers!

jerk

Was wondering if anyone in or around allen county would try to confirm these two frequencies recently heard in lima, oh.Didn't sound like law enforcement, Maybe a shipping and receiving facility?I was picking them both up on my old pro-26 handheld that will pick up bleed over from near by repeater towers!

Can't hear them... but the biggest shipper and most inefficient is the US Post Office, sounds like you might be hearing the main sorting facility.

They'll talk about moving trailers, fork lifts, pallets etc.
If so that what is most likely is...

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Lima Tank Plant?

Although these frequencies don't match what I have, could it be the
Lima Tank Plant? It is operated by General Dynamics, but there is a
military presence there.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I dug up this old thread in a Google search...

I'm visiting the Lima area today. Monitoring 412.850 with a DCS of 162.

I'm also not sure of the user, but definitely not law enforcement. Very poor opsec protocols, using full names to call each other.

One mention of "getting permission from DOD" so the previous guess of General Dynamics may be on to something.

grumpy_hermit

It is most likely GD. Besides the presence of Department of Army police, there are several frequencies used by GD and their private security company. I'll monitor the 2 frequencies in question for a while and post back if I can say anything for sure.

grumpy_hermit

413.500 is definitely General Dynamics (they mentioned a turret stand, a very common piece of equipment there).

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Thanks for the submissions, now I ask if anyone can search and find the inputs that would be great!

grumpy_hermit

Not sure. I live about 7-8 miles from the place and can pick up traffic that I know is coming from portables inside the metal buildings. There's also plenty of stuff between us that would interfere. I reckon that might indicate a repeater.

grumpy_hermit

So I'll ask what may be a stupid question. Why is it important to have the input frequencies? Wouldn't one need to be very near the facility to monitor them?

ecps92

So I'll ask what may be a stupid question. Why is it important to have the input frequencies??

In-Case someone reports it as another user/frequency, it would have been identified/validated from this event as the input.

Wouldn't one need to be very near the facility to monitor them?

Not always. I get some input frequencies Clearer than the Repeater themselves. :cool:

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
When I was visiting Lima last week 412.850 was definitely a repeater. All transmissions on 412.850 were exactly the same signal strength and I could hear everything. You could tell some of these units were portable in nature and if not repeated it would have been much weaker signals.

I did not monitor 413.500 so can't speak for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.