Gllia County - Ohio MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Gallia County is looking at using any Homeland Security monies next year for purchasing MARCS mobile radios for the sheriff's offices marked cruisers.

Detectives already using MARCS portables.

Just an update from the homefront....

Steve/KB8FAR :)

Bucko

Interesting for sure, Washington county detectives have been using MARCS for a good while but I doubt if the SO will go MARCS being most of this county is UHF but you never know.

SLWilson

Gallia...

Interesting for sure, Washington county detectives have been using MARCS for a good while but I doubt if the SO will go MARCS being most of this county is UHF but you never know.

With the exception of the Gallipolis City Schools and the Gallipolis police, Gallia is all VHF Hi Band....(Sheriff, FD's EMS, Co Engineer, County Schools...)

We won't be retiring the hi band stuff. Might have to adjust the VHF Hi stuff to conform in 2012, but, so far, you can't "page" FD's and EMS on MARCS.....So, we'll maintain what we have as long as we can....

Never hurts to have a backup....

Steve/KB8FAR :p

monk8500

Bucko, I believe I have heard the SO detectives with the limited Marcs traffic I can rx. I had an ID show up of 9840, ring a bell? Interesting conversation.

Monk

SLWilson

Detectives

Hard to tell what you might hear....

They had a B&E they worked today. Residential safe job.

Tracked the culprits down. They're residing at the Gallia Hilton tonight....

Steve :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.