Question about the Franklin County Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I am sure this is most likely a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer. This past weekend I was down in Columbus and took the Pro-106 along with me. While listening to the Franklin County system I noticed that sometimes when a console keyed up there was a beep to start the transmission. What is this beep and is it common on motorola systems? The one and only motorola system I did monitor did not have these beeps and has since been upgraded to p25 so I'm not very familiar with motorola systems.

ajpritch

The beep is an option on the transmit for each radio. The Franklin County systems has it only enabled on the dispatch consoles mainly for the police side. This way an officer knows with an audible alert the dispatcher is keying up.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am sure this is most likely a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer. This past weekend I was down in Columbus and took the Pro-106 along with me. While listening to the Franklin County system I noticed that sometimes when a console keyed up there was a beep to start the transmission. What is this beep and is it common on motorola systems? The one and only motorola system I did monitor did not have these beeps and has since been upgraded to p25 so I'm not very familiar with motorola systems.

That's a tone remote signal from the console that causes the TX to key up. Sometimes you hear it, sometimes you don't; it just depends timing and luck.

It's not optional.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Does the dispatcher hear this or is it something the system does that sometimes is heard on the RX?

Status
Not open for further replies.