BelmonT CountY and the 996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Belmont County rebanded there a while back and I am finally getting around to updating my 996 via ARC996 and well it won't work now... I mean all the information is correct but instead of the CC of 853.700 popping up during scan it shows up 853.7125 and it won't receive anything at all...

Does anybody know what could be wrong here? I tried it two ways even.... first I manually set it up and when that failed I imported the system from RR with no success... I HATE this radio- way too complicated for my taste.
(but no, I'm not gonna give it away- yet)

Also I have yet to try the 396t but the 796 and pro96 scan it just fine.....

durango5550

Booger D.
Wow Mylan If I had a 996 id help ya out , but ya know if you wanna trade it for a 2096 id be more than happy to do so :)

lol

Hope ya figure it out bud
dan

STA75

Mylan Took a drive to Steubenville today. I was having same trouble with mine found that when I used ARC996 it set it up for Control Channel only. I manually change it and it works fine CC was 853.700. Hope this help's Rick

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Good work Rick. Hope you guys had an enjoyable meeting.

About the Belmont system... As you noted, the current CC is 853.7000 - and has been ever since the rebanding was done. However, keep in mind that if ever the control channel changes to one of the frequencies that end with a 5 at the end.. i.e. xxx.xxx5 , and if then 853.7000 becomes a voice channel, there will be problems with older scanners and improperly configured scanners being able to track it.

Jefferson is fortunate because we don't have any frequencies in the trunked system with a 0 in their forth place ( xxx.xxx0 ). Even older scanners can track it. For Belmont, in its current configuration as long as 853.7000 is always a CC and never a VC, there won't be a problem.

Wheeling PS, on the other hand, likely cannot be tracked reliably by nonrebandable scanners. It has quite a number of 850 mhz freqs that are voice channels - Any time a nonrebandable scanner sits on the CC for Wheeling PS and is told to switch to a voice channel ending in 0, it likely won't be heard because the trunking table won't direct it to the correct voice freq.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.