Brookville Area Freqs Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
morning, all. i'll be attending the 2009 Dayton Hamvention later this spring and staying at the Dayton Tall Timbers KOA. i'm looking for suggestions on frequencies to monitor while were at the KOA. i saw the item in the database about brookville fd now being dispatched on one of the MCS talk groups and i have the brookville pd frequency. which TG's should i be listening to for brookville fd and does the pd use any other freqs. for local ops besides 155.070?

what i don't know is....does the brookville fd also provide EMS services or is that outsourced? is the KOA within the city limits of brookville for police response or does the county sheriff have that responsibility? can anyone tell me which agency provides fire and EMS coverage at the KOA? and how does clayton township figure into all of this? here in illinois we did away with township police many, many years ago. does clayton township maintain a police force and if so what responsibilities do they have?

also looking for any suggestions on what else to monitor while we're at the campground. i'm using a uniden BCD-396T with the ARC396Pro software.

oh...if anyone is interested the KOA uses 154.570 for day-to-day ops.

thanks in advance.

'73
rich, n9dko

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Brookville Fire and EMS (stations 76, 77 amd 78) is dispatched on the COUNTY FIRE DISPATCH talkgroup 13232. Brookville Police are dispatched and use SO NORTH tg 48. They only use their VHF now for car to car discrete communications, which is not as much since switching to 800.

There is no Clayton Township, Clayton is a small incorporated city northeast of Brookville. Brookville lies within Clay Township and provides all fire and EMS service for the township. The township has its own police department also heard on SO NORTH. The KOA Campground is outside the Brookville city limits, but I'm not sure whether its Clay Township or Brookville PD that covers the area around the campground, I believe its Clay Township.

So for the KOA, Brookville provides fire and EMS, and Clay Township Police provides law enforcement.

Trotwood provides public safety services in the area around Hara Arena.

You may find Preble County interesting to listen to, it is a rural area, but something is always going on and its right next door.

Ohio Highway State Patrol Post 57/68 covers that area of I-70, all comms are on the Ohio MARCS system. You will want to program in the Dayton (133), Greenville (135), New Madison (139) and College Corner (357) MARCS towers sites.

The FAA has a tower site for Indianapolis ARTCC just outside Brookville, frequencies can be found here in the database.

Any other questions, ask away. I will be at the All Ohio Scanner Club Booth inside the area. It should be booth #435 or close to that.
Stop by an talk radio with us.

Last edited:

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
The 2 primary freqs. for the Indy Center RCAG that is REALLY close to you are: 120.575 and 135.125. There are some Mil UHF Freqs. listed for this site, but I've never confirmed them.

120.575 is very active.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
jim and mark. thanks very much for the detailed information. that's exactly what i was looking for. i'm working on the profile for my 396T and will be sure to include the 2 TGs you specified. in both cases i assume that brookville units are not the ONLY units on that TG. what radio sigs will the fd/EMS/pd use? are fd/EMS radio signatures based on the station id number?

also...we'll be at the KOA for the entire week leading up to hamvention. we usually tour the air force museum at WPAFB. i've found the base info in the greene county listing in the RR database which shows the TGs for the museum are 528 and 10832. are these accurate? are there any other museum TGs or freqs that might provide some interesting listening?

thanks again, fellows. and i will stop by the booth to say howdy.

rich, n9dko

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Any other questions, ask away. I will be at the All Ohio Scanner Club Booth inside the area. It should be booth #435 or close to that. Stop by and talk radio with us.

We hope... it's nice and close to the League and their free wifi.

I'll be there too, so stop on by.

Tom WA8PYR

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
jim and mark. thanks very much for the detailed information. that's exactly what i was looking for. i'm working on the profile for my 396T and will be sure to include the 2 TGs you specified. in both cases i assume that brookville units are not the ONLY units on that TG. what radio sigs will the fd/EMS/pd use? are fd/EMS radio signatures based on the station id number?

County Law enforcement dispatching is split with tg 48 SO NORTH and tg 144 SO SOUTH. When monitoring those two dispatch talkgroups, it may seem that the departmental dispatching dividing line runs diagonally through the county, but it doesn't. The dispatching is based on call volume, so you will find that
tg 48 is somewhat busier than tg 144,

PD Unit IDs are plain english, Brookville 111, 131, etc..

Fire IDs are Medic 76, Engine 77 etc...

also...we'll be at the KOA for the entire week leading up to hamvention. we usually tour the air force museum at WPAFB. i've found the base info in the greene county listing in the RR database which shows the TGs for the museum are 528 and 10832. are these accurate? are there any other museum TGs or freqs that might provide some interesting listening?

thanks again, fellows. and i will stop by the booth to say howdy.

rich, n9dko
Yes, the museum talkgroups are accurate but incredibly boring to listen to.
For more detail on Dayton area Milcom check out our MONIX Military Monitoring Page; MONIX Military Monitoring

And my Milcom blog listed in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.