Putnam County Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
OIT is bringing up their mobile site from Columbus because like I have been saying for months now, Ottawa has terrible MARCS coverage. With the BGSU tower not functioning in Ottawa, this is quite necessary.

hoser147

Heard quite a bit of traffic last nite and this morning, lots of motorist rescues, and OSP Air One going to cut off houses making sure the people there had enuff essentials to make it till they can get out. Findlay is also seeing quite a bit of flooding this year. The next couple days forecast doesnt look like its going to be much help.....

barlage

Premium Subscriber
Thank God for the new Continental site. My PRO96 wouldn't pick up MARCS very well in my house, I thought I was going to have to buy and put up an outside antenna. After putting in the Continental site, it seems to be working quite well, for now.

KC8TCQ

Thank God for the new Continental site. My PRO96 wouldn't pick up MARCS very well in my house, I thought I was going to have to buy and put up an outside antenna. After putting in the Continental site, it seems to be working quite well, for now.

We are going to be upgrading the tower here in Henry County (Between Holgate and Florida) from data only to 4 voice channels soon.

hoser147

Heard another water rescue going on last nite on MARCS, maybe with the colder weather people wont be so inclined to go play in the water and taxing the resources.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Continental site is almost looking like it is going to need another voice channel.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
The Continental site is almost looking like it is going to need another voice channel.

The Lima site is suppose to be slated for 2 more voice channels and from watching UT they need to make it happen. I can only imagine what that Continental site looks like.

Mike

hoser147

That's too bad, It sounded like they had a visual on him that night but I dozed off. Sounded like crews were running on empty late this afternoon, hopefully for his family they can have recovery as the water recedes.

barlage

Premium Subscriber
I was on the FD that was on scene, and we were out there with no visual of the driver. He left his cell phone in the rig which we thought was kind of weird. He probably paniced and wasn't thinking clearly, because he should have just stayed in the truck, (easy for me to say) or he could have had a medical problem and had to try to hurry out. We'll never know for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.