Popular Lorain County Freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-Elyria

does anyone have a list of the most popular , or most used / active frequencies for Lorain County.
i want to program up a small conventional scanner and dont want to have a bunch of dead freqs, but the most active and most used freq's

Thanks Tim

Mike-KC8OWL

Tim

What do you want to listen to (law enforcement, fire, ems, ...)? Some of the most heavily used frequencies may not be what you are trying to listen to. For example, I'll bet some of the shared business repeaters are pretty busy but you may not have an interest in that type of communications.

Tim-Elyria

police , fire , ems , undercover stuff , fbi . the interesting action type stuff , i know there is a big list on RR but i dont want to program a bunch of stuff that has activity on it 2 times a month . Clandestine freq's that the above mentioned agencies slip off on to chit chat ...........

Mike-KC8OWL

well, not knowing how many channels you are limited to, if I wanted to hear the most action with a small number of channels available, I would use the Lorain County list and simply program in all of the Dispatch / CH.1 designation for every agency listed. Basically, anything that is on a repeater for starters and also include LEERN and STATEWIDE.

As far as federal agencies, you'll need to search the band plans and see what you can find - most of that stuff is digital / encrypted any more. There are a few analog freqs out there still, but not a whole lot.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.