Water tower antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

anyone know what the 2 antennas are for on top of the water tower on the corner of furnace street and state Rt 57 in Elyria. one is a small Yagi pointed north west and the other verticle that looks like 4 verticle folded dipoles . the yagi might be for monitoring the water level from the pumping station in loran maybe , thats just a guess. Anyone have any ideas ?

jerk

anyone know what the 2 antennas are for on top of the water tower on the corner of furnace street and state Rt 57 in Elyria. one is a small Yagi pointed north west and the other vertical that looks like 4 vertical folded dipoles . the yagi might be for monitoring the water level from the pumping station in loran maybe , thats just a guess. Anyone have any ideas ?

Several licenses "pop" up, City, County, State, also saw a taco bell within a mile and several other ones.
if you join RR as a premium member you can do a proximity search on that location and see the licenses yourself. Then you can verify as active and submit to the database.

Chronic

ok , i pay money to for the privlage of updating the database
that sounds fair

jerk

ok , i pay money to for the privilege of updating the database that sounds fair

No you pay money for "value-added" features such as that one.
You update the database because this is a hobby that helps one another out.

Or you can be like hundreds here and just take and don't return anything. Many don't even return to say thanks when given the information.

Now I'm not affiliated with RR and I think they have their faults, However, by paying you get some features not available to everyday users, and that is one of them that I've used a few times.

I'm hundreds of miles away, and I know what at least one of those antennas does, And I could psot the information, RR relies on requests verified information. I can't monitor them, but you can... Unlike some sites that just have information taken from the FCC records. Choice is yours.

Q101ATFD

What the heck is the "Ohio Discussion" forum for if we can't ask questions and get answers from others. And newsalan - what input do you have, being "hundreds of miles away" in Indiana. Sounds like you just don't want somebody getting something that you paid money for...

jerk

What the heck is the "Ohio Discussion" forum for if we can't ask questions and get answers from others. And newsalan - what input do you have, being "hundreds of miles away" in Indiana. Sounds like you just don't want somebody getting something that you paid money for...

Exactly right... it is information that I and others have paid for, and it is available for paying subscribers. For me to post it is wrong.

Yes, the forums are to help one another, and I told him where to find the information and how to obtain it. So yes, I helped him by telling him the information is available.

The FCC has the information he wants for free!
But you do have to search for it and do some work to obtain it.

For your information, the forums are open to all... even people who don't live in the State.
However, I travel often enough to Ohio, even though it is hundreds of miles away, so I keep track of postings.

So did I answer your question?

Chronic

That is exactly why this site was a better site when it was free , people were willing to help and share with one another , now its all about money. I didnt want to know all the details of what the antennas were exactly for , i just saw them and was courious , Did i ask what frequencies they were on , And to see the 10 year old mentality here is really conter productive of the hobby . " I know what at least one of those antennas does" and im not going to tell you . sounds like a little kid .
but oh well , maybe some day they will grow up

Chronic

newsalan
in the future , please dont bother responding to any of my post because you have nothing usefull to offer and i will have to charge you for helping you inflate your post count ! Hope that was helpfull !

jerk

newsalan
in the future , please dont bother responding to any of my post because you have nothing usefull to offer and i will have to charge you for helping you inflate your post count ! Hope that was helpfull !
Sorry no can do, but good luck on your quest.
And remember, life is not fair. And I was not inflating my post count. :)

This is still a helpful site, but taking informaiton I paid for and you refuse to pay for is stealing in my opinion.:mad:

Buy the cheapest sub, get the info, then quit or look it up for free off the FCC, and then be helpful and post in the database... that's being helpful. I don't need or want the information, but because I pay, it's available quickly and easily. And I'm sure somebody already PM it to you anyhow.

And if you don't think I am helpful, look back at all the files I've posted in various forums for free. :wink: Feel free to contribute at any time likewise.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Okay guys, this thread has strayed off course from its original subject.
Either we return to the original intent, or the thread will be closed.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.