Med Flight on AEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

I have only Medflight talk group active on the AEP, and have it locked onto the system. Hearing quite a bit from Medflight 1 and there was another but I do not recall the unit. I am recording the calls currently on the PC. Not sure why they are using the EDACS system, but I can say I like it, since I do not have a digital.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Just FYI, tonight I heard Medflight 7 on the AEP system marking out at Circleville. Unsure why they were not using MARCS.

They have always used AEP since they first got on board with it, and continue because it covers down into West Virginia, and also provides a backup for MARCS.

steveh552

I knew they had used it as a main system in the past and were using AEP as a backup. I was just surprised to hear them on it, it was the first time I have picked them up.

SLWilson

Correct !

They have always used AEP since they first got on board with it, and continue because it covers down into West Virginia, and also provides a backup for MARCS.

They used AEP's trunked radio system before they used MARCS....

And, they are getting ready to open a new Dispatch Center for the MedFlight system in Columbus up on 161. I'll have pics shortly....

Currently they are dispatching for an Indiana Air Medical service....

Steve/KB8FAR

cann1995

Premium Subscriber
MedFlight 7 (AKA HealthNet 4) does not have an EDACS radio in their aircraft. They are the only MedFlight Aircraft without one.

The reason you may be hearing more AEP traffic is because the VHF 155.400 was offline for the move. B&C disconnected it and they were only suppose to move the antenna. We have been without the VHF radio since Friday.

The AEP system serves as a backup for the pilot when the medical crews are using the XTL5000 to talk to the hospitals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.