Carrollton (OH) PD switches to MARCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been hearing traffic on TG 38336 lately and couldn't figure out who it was. Tonight I was listening when a Carrollton unit called in to Carroll Co on TG 38336.

I then did a Google search and found:

Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Council bursts pool group’s bubbles

Council bursts pool group’s bubbles

By Leigh Ann Rutledge
FPS Reporter
April 14, 2009

<snip useless text>

-ENTERED into an agreement with Ohio Office of Information Technology, Multi-Agency Radio Communications System (MARCS) program to provide six radios for the police department and one radio for the village fire department. These radios would allow police and fire to communicate with the Sheriff’s office. The Sheriff’s department is changing over to the MARCS system. The contract lists fees of $240 per month for police radios and a one-time $50 fee for fire department. However, Fowler explained Darryl Anderson, MARCS program manager told him these fees would be covered through grant monies. Anderson later learned these fees did not qualify to be paid by grant monies. Fowler is going to continue to work on getting these fees alleviated.

This leads me to believe that it is actually Carrollton PD I'm hearing on TG 38336. Some of you around that area might want to listen and confirm.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Since Carroll Co S.O. originally came online on MARCS, they were using TG 62736 (SO-10) for communications. I suspect that this new talkgroup 38336 is probably going to be Carroll Co S.O. (with other PDs in the county using it... like they used to with 39.72).

I haven't heard a thing on SO-10 (62736) today while I have heard a lot of traffic on 38336. I've heard specific Carrollton PD units. The dispatcher is the S.O. dispatcher that I would hear on 62736. I've heard units around the Minerva area, towards Scio, in Carrollton.

Anybody else monitoring MARCS in Carroll Co want to chime in?

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Scratch that. Carroll Co S.O. is still using SO-10 TG 62736. I monitored them quite a bit today.

Carrollton PD appears to be the only entity using TG 38336 . Throughout the day I've heard their cars.

So I believe TG 38336 is Carrollton PD. I'm going to submit it as such. iF anybody discoverrs differently, please post.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
When Carroll Co S.O. went on MARCS, they were only on 62736 (SO-10). Then I started seeing activity on 38336 that i thought was exclusively Carrollton PD.

Now I'm no longer hearing any regular traffic on 62736 (SO-10), and there are way more radios affiliated with 38336 than just Carrollton PD could own.

I'm assuming now, but have not verified that 38336 is actually Carroll Co S.O. Dispatch and that 38352 is possibly Carroll Co S.O. TAC-1 and that 38416 is some other Carroll Co area agency talkgroup.

So for those of you who listen, make sure you're listening to all three of those talkgroups. And if any of you can confirm what agency(s) are using those three, please post here.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.