Springfield Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggare1980

Can anyone help me out? I have the Uniden BCT8 with the 800MHZ Trunktracker 3. I am having problems being able to pick up the city departments. I have tried programming just the fleet I.D. numbers and even went and programmed the fleet and subfleet in both AFS and decimal mode. The scanner shows ID Scan on the display when its on them freq. but I don't pick anything up. Am I forgetting to do something or just doing it out of sequence. Springfield has the EDACS Standard system if that info will help. Any info recieved will greatly be appreciated, I'm about ready to toss this thing out the window. Thanks in advance.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Can anyone help me out? I have the Uniden BCT8 with the 800MHZ Trunktracker 3. I am having problems being able to pick up the city departments. I have tried programming just the fleet I.D. numbers and even went and programmed the fleet and subfleet in both AFS and decimal mode. The scanner shows ID Scan on the display when its on them freq. but I don't pick anything up. Am I forgetting to do something or just doing it out of sequence. Springfield has the EDACS Standard system if that info will help. Any info recieved will greatly be appreciated, I'm about ready to toss this thing out the window. Thanks in advance.

1. Make sure the channels are programmed in the proper order.

2. Springfield uses Provoice digital, so if you're trying to listen to police and fire, you're out of luck. The BCT8 is analog-only, and there is not and likely never will be such a thing as a Provoice digital-capable scanner. City services are analog so you should be able to pick them up.

KD4YGG

Database Admin

Is it possible that the system has been rebanded?

biggare1980

1. Make sure the channels are programmed in the proper order.

2. Springfield uses Provoice digital, so if you're trying to listen to police and fire, you're out of luck. The BCT8 is analog-only, and there is not and likely never will be such a thing as a Provoice digital-capable scanner. City services are analog so you should be able to pick them up.

Thanks for the reply, I was talking to my brother-in-law and he told me the same thing. I know I can pick the city crews and everything else, but they are analog. I had tried before and gave up, then the other night I was at one of the local hospitals watching care flight take off and a couple news camearmen where listening to the police on a scanner. They must have a way to be able to pick them up somehow since they were from the news company. Thanks again.

biggare1980

No, I found out after I posted that that the radio system uses digital channels and my scanner isn't capable of picking them up. The other member above says the same thing and I know the two primary control channels are digital, so I guess I'm out of luck on that one. Lied to by another salesman, what else is new huh!!! Thanks for the reply.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Not yet. Those of us within a certain distance of Canada (including the Columbus and Dayton metro areas, and Springfield) had to wait until the government haggled with the Canadians to come up with a band plan that would not affect them. And as it turns out, Columbus, Springfield and Dayton didn't really need to wait after all, as our band plan is the same as everybody else not in border (or Southern-LINC) areas.

So, we're just getting started. I'm currently in the planning phase, and I really wish I had a time machine so I could fast-forward through it. I'm already tired...

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.