help wanted for adams co

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskrat99

currently i'm using just a RS pro-135 and listen to SO on 154.815. It seems like I may not be getting all the traffic. any suggestions? there also is talk of the county going digital, what scanner should I start looking at?

hoser147

As far as Digital scanners go the Radio Shack 96,2096,(older models). or 106,197 are digital, Uniden has the 396 and 996 that are in different versions, and several older models. You can find more info on digital scanners in the Wiki, Good Luck hope this helps ya.

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Welcome to the board. Its nice to finally have someone from Adams County on here. There does not seem to be many scannists out that way.

Check the database here for all known active frequencies for Adams County.
If you want to listen to the Ohio State Highway Patrol and other state agencies,
plus if Adams County joins MARCS you will need a digital scanner. One note that
Randy did not touch on. The GRE PSR-500 and Radio Shack Pro-106 (Handheld)
are marketed slightly different. With the PSR-500 you get the ac power supply and GRE programming cable.
With the Pro-106 those will be extra purchases. I personally have been using the PSR-500 for a year and a half,
and it has been one of the best scanners I have ever owned.

Keep in touch and let us know what's happening in Adams County.

hoser147

Thats a excellent point Mark, It sure is nice when you have everything right there in the box as with the GRE(Wasn't quite awake yet lol). There are also some excellent software programs available for programing. I have to agree that they are one of the best Ive owned also.

muskrat99

Hey, I'm gonna try to touch base with Jason and stream Adams Co so you guys can hear the hilarity of this area. The natives get quite restless on the weekends and once the sun goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.