Status of OSP consolidated dispatching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone know the status of consolidated dispatching for the following? Specifically, if any of these posts have consolidated dispatching, where is the dispatch center and who is being dispatched from that dispatch center?

I know there is already a thread about consolidated dispatching, but I've gleaned every useful tidbit from it that I can and I want to finish up a Wiki entry that lists the dispatch centers and who is dispatched from those DCs. So I'd like to find out the status of the posts below.

District 1
- Defiance
- Findlay

District 2
- Bucyrus
- Norwalk
- Marion
- Mansfield

District 3
- Ashland
- Wooster
- Elyria
- Medina
- Massilon

District 5
- Springfield
- Dayton
- Marysville

Thanks

Mike

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
For District 5, Marysville sometimes dispatches for P12 Springfield, it doesn't seem to be a full time thing.

P57 Dayton is self dispatched and only dispatches themselves
(includes their Preble/Darke County ops (ex-P68).

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Post 81 (Van Wert) is dispatching for Post 2 (Lima). Findlay is still dispatching and being a DHQ I imagine that would continue. Van Wert does occasionally pickup dispatching for Findlay for short periods of time. I'm not sure about Post 20 (Defiance) as I don't monitor them.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Randy and Mike.

I'll just add what i have to the wiki, then those of you who have the additional info can add/modify it with the appropriate info.

Thanks,

mike

jds911

District 6
Delaware is dispatching for P21 and P59 as of May 1

Eventually West Jeff will dispatch P49 & P65 and Lancaster will dispatch P23 & P45.

District 5
For now, P80 will continue to dispatch themselves with P12 covering for leaves and dispatcher time off. There are still dispatchers at both posts.

RagnarD

Premium Subscriber
In a valley that only a few know where it is
Hi Mike,

I spend a good bit of time in N.C. Ohio and in District 3 Post 3 (Ashland) is being handled by Post 85 (Wooster) for the most part. Last time I was there Post 52 (Medina) was self dispatched still.

In District 2 Post 70 (Mansfield) was self dispatching and dispatching for Huron Co (post number escapes me right now). Norwalk was self dispatching too.

I will be there this weekend and if this thread is still alive I will update then.

RagnarD

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
District 6
Eventually West Jeff will dispatch P49 & P65 and Lancaster will dispatch P23 & P45.

They already are, unfortunately. Personally I think Circleville got hosed on that deal.

From what I've heard the combination of 23/45 is waiting on completion of the new Lancaster post.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks folks. I was/am specifically looking for information on those places where a consolidated dispatch center has been created and is operational - i.e. where dispatchers for multiple areas are physically located in one dispatch center and share the duties of dispatching for multiple entities.

Here is the Wiki link... feel free to update it. You'll see the questionable entries. I had read a document online somewhere that in the end there was supposed to be 21 consolidated dispach centers - but I've got 20 listed already with quite a few unknowns. So something doesn't jive unless I've got some information wrong or unless the OSP has decided that they needed more dispatch centers than originally planned.

Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSP) (OH) - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

hoser147

Thanks for working that up Mike, Im sure it will be an asset. Kind of interesting how they have done that with some post's being open for business hours, what ever that is 8 or 9 to 5?? Seems like even with the GPS built in, the troopers have been having to explain there location more for the dispatchers. I have a feeling were going to see more consolidated dispatching in the future.....

markle

Osp

Stark dispatches for Stark and Summit Posts. The Summit Post has been closed for some time. The new Summit/Stark Post is near the Canton-Akron Airport which is right on the Stark County/Summit County border near I-77. Nearby Portage has a new post (at Rt. 14 and Rt. 59) and, I believe, does its own dispatching as does Medina

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Post 80 (Marysville)

According to the OSP units that stop at our com center, post 80 will remain open with dispatach. It was suppose to close, but after traffic was looked at they will keep it open, they are in the process of hiring new dispatchers. They do sometimes dispatch post 12, and vice versa, but post 80 will keep dispatch, at least until another idea comes up.

Rick

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
According to the OSP units that stop at our com center, post 80 will remain open with dispatach. It was suppose to close, but after traffic was looked at they will keep it open, they are in the process of hiring new dispatchers. They do sometimes dispatch post 12, and vice versa, but post 80 will keep dispatch, at least until another idea comes up.

Rick

Ok. But you're saying that no dispatch center consolidation has occured, meaning that P12 dispatch is done from P12 and P80 dispatch is done from P80, right?

Mike

jds911

There are times when P80 covers P12 for a shift and visa versa. But there is no long term consolidation planned at this time.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There are times when P80 covers P12 for a shift and visa versa. But there is no long term consolidation planned at this time.

Ok, gotcha. I am just trying to make my original thread query is clear to readers of the thread . I wasn't interested in knowing who occasionally dispaches for who else - rather I'm only interested in knowing where bonafide consolidated dispatch centers have been created (where dispatchers for two or more posts have been moved to one location and _all_ dispatching for two or more posts is done out of that dispatch center). Some people seem to not see the difference between the two.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.