Buckeye Lake fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

Operations for the events over the next day seem to be on 8TAC94/NPSPAC5 and 8TAC91/NPSPAC2, which I've never heard used in this area before. They're being dispatched by "Lake Dispatch," who sounds like they brought a dispatcher from 904 in Licking County down there. Buckeye Lake, Millersport, Pleasantville, Thornville, and Licking Twp. fire are on NPSPAC5, and it sounds like it's primarily law enforcement on 2.

Given the signal strength I'm getting, I think someone is running a repeater on those channels. For the past few weeks or more, I've been hearing a morse code identifier every half hour on NPSPAC5, and a repeater would explain that.

Last edited:

LiberaFan08

Radio Traffic on ITAC

I also heard the same stuff that you heard. It appeared as if ITAC-1 was law enforcement and of course ITAC-4 was fire departments.The day before,I heard them testing on all of the ITAC channels but not on ICALL. I have been sitting on all of these frequencies for well over a year and was pleasantly surprised to see them suddenly spring to life. I strongly suspect that the State loaned them their portable repeater and the handhelds just for this event. No doubt they are trying to promote this technology to these agencies to get them to buy into it. I wonder if it will work? Nuff Said

ibagli

I heard them mention radios borrowed from Millersport at one point, as well. (Although the state could have loaned them all to Millersport or something.)

Status
Not open for further replies.