Parma PD back on EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

budevans

As of last night Parma PD radio traffic has moved back to EDACS. Parma Fire is split some traffic on P25 and others on EDACS.

Anyone know what's up?

parma

well the parma 800 digital system has been trouble from day one.not sure why they went back to the old system but the last time they were off the P25 system for a long while.the police keep saying the system does not work and sometimes they dont get all radio traffic.the system is a P25 from maycom makes you wounder if they went with Motorola if might of been better.

budevans

I'm curious as to what the issues are. I haven't heard any radio traffic regarding problems or issues. They've done a good job of keeping things in house.

I do have one comment. The Parma P25 digital audio is the poorest I monitor. The other APCO 25 systems (MARCS, Summit County and Lake County) all Moto have significantly better audio.

The Parma P25 audio sounds like bad CB audio from the 70's. It's over driven and clips badly. Hard to believe MA/COM hasn't resolved that. Makes you wonder what will happen when P25 Phase 2 is approved and cuts the bandwidth in half.

If I remember correctly, earlier this year the State of New York cancelled it's $2 Billion radio upgrade project with MA/COM. They sited unresolved issues as the reason.

Well I guess we'll see if the get things sorted out. Parma Fire is still doing most of it's dispatching on the P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.