Cincinnati Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexcordes

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me how Cincinnati FD Dispatches their units? I can't find any analog repeater information anywhere, and since tones cannot be dispatched on an 800Mhz system, how do they do it? Is it an encrypted frequency or something?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Can anyone tell me how Cincinnati FD Dispatches their units? I can't find any analog repeater information anywhere, and since tones cannot be dispatched on an 800Mhz system, how do they do it? Is it an encrypted frequency or something?

They use an in-house system call Zetron and have for many years.

jerk

They use an in-house system call Zetron and have for many years.

Zetron is the brand, Motorola also makes a very similar system.

Brief description of Zetron's here
"Zetron’s M6/26 system communicates over analog links such as leased lines or radio channels. The Model 6 Station Transponder resides in the fire station and provides an audio interface to the station’s PA, a data interface to the printer, visual status indicators, and links to the Model 26 Status/Control Panel. The Model 26 provides centralized control of remote fire stations, or, if installed with CAD, the Model 26 can send alerts directly from inputs from CAD. "

Q101ATFD

The Zetron system is used for in-house dispatches - the dispatch tone specifies which apparatus is being dispatched, then the "run type" tone (Fire or EMS) is transmitted concurrently on the Zetron intercom and on the dispatch talkgroup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.