Holmes Co Sheriff MotoTRBO license? Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Below is an application / amendment to an existing license. There are two repeater frequencies added.

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0003898586 - HOLMES, COUNTY OF

If you look closely, the submitted emission type is 7K60FXE (typically MotoTRBO) .

So if anybody in Holmes Co listens to a scanner (ya know, this usually requires electricity), ya may find yourself not hearing much interesting if those freqs are for the S.O. and if they do go to MotoTRBO.

Wouldn't surprise me though - East Ohio is ruled by Staleys - and they are a huge Moto shop.

Mike

wdz

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was fairly certain TRBO in its documentation and marketing information, clearly stated that it was not intended for use by public safety.

jim202

Do you think for a moment that the public safety boys read much.

What your seeing is a greedy radio shop selling them a bill of goods to make a fast buck.

Jim

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was fairly certain TRBO in its documentation and marketing information, clearly stated that it was not intended for use by public safety.

wdz

Motorola clearly states the opposite in this brochure that promotes TRBO for public safety:

http://www.sharpcommunication.com/mo...cSafetyBro.pdf

Well I'll be darned! When we looked into TRBO when it first came out we were told that it was not intended for public safety but more for private security, construction, etc etc in the private sector. Apparently that's changed, or our sales rep was horribly misinformed.

Do you think for a moment that the public safety boys read much.

What your seeing is a greedy radio shop selling them a bill of goods to make a fast buck.

Jim

You're right, a lot of people see pretty radios and jump in feet first regardless of price or realistic expectations of what the system can offer. However, I wouldn't necessarily say they are being greedy. There certainly are much more expensive options out there. If you're getting the full package you're getting features like gps tracking, private call, and text messaging for a price much closer to a traditional analog system than a p25 trunking set up.

LiberaFan08

Questions Department

Someone please tell me briefly what Moto TRBO is? I am assuming at this point that it is something that can not be monitored on any scanner currently manufactured.Some exotic digital mode maybe? I just visited Holmes County recently and I didn't think it was all that exciting up there.Maybe the Amish people have started some kind of big crime wave?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Someone please tell me briefly what Moto TRBO is? I am assuming at this point that it is something that can not be monitored on any scanner currently manufactured.Some exotic digital mode maybe? I just visited Holmes County recently and I didn't think it was all that exciting up there.Maybe the Amish people have started some kind of big crime wave?

You'd think Holmes wouldn't be that exciting to listen to, but I suppose if you [or I] lived there we'd probably find it interesting just like any other place. I like the comment about the crime wave. I bet those teens get pretty crazy during Rumspringa :)

Well, the thing about licenses is that you never know what will happen - maybe that frequency will never become active - maybe it will but with plain old analog - or maybe it'll be MotoTRBO.

MOTOTRBO - The RadioReference Wiki

You are correct that it cannot be monitored by any scanner marketed at this time.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just heard 154.8675 with the CWID and then a quick TRBO beacon.

Looks like the folks listening to Holmes Co are going to continue to be out of luck (unless you use a computer, DSD and a scanner with a discriminator tap (do a search on here for DSD).

mike

Davey1

Is there any new information available on the Holmes County Sheriff MotoTrbo radio system, such as color code and group IDs used? I have a MotoTrbo capable radio (not a scanner), and will be in the area this weekend and would like to try to listen to this system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is there any new information available on the Holmes County Sheriff MotoTrbo radio system, such as color code and group IDs used? I have a MotoTrbo capable radio (not a scanner), and will be in the area this weekend and would like to try to listen to this system.

I once knew the color code and group IDs. In fact I probably have it documented in one of about 150 text files on the laptop. It's fairly irrelevant though. I think everything in Holmes has at least basic privacy enabled.

Mike

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
Holmes county sheriff is not privacy enabled. Also, the county engineer, holmes-wayne rural electric, all county school districts, and millersburg police are clear TRBO as well. In fact, the only analog service is fire. The engineer and holmes-wayne radios transmit a lot of GPS data, so you may want to program them differently. I looked up my notes, pretty sure color code is 1, and millersburg village pd is 158.805 TRBO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atown11

Premium Subscriber
I think the SO was 1000. I am not sure, as some of the my data is incomplete.

Davey1

Thanks! I'll start with 1000 and add a few more ID's besides that to my list. Maybe I'll be lucky and find the correct one that is in use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.