Findlay MARCS Site is LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
The Findlay MARCS Site is Live.

I'm picking up Hancock SO, and Allen SO, Putnam SO, And Med Corp EMS Dispatch (North Central) TG 54352.

The Control Channel is 867.6125 (Findlay City Services now former Alternate Control Channel).

I'm getting the following from my PSR 500 Tune Mode:

CT: 83.72 FINDLY
99% SID: 6F0F S29

So far they're using the Frequencies that were assigned by the FCC for voice on the Findlay Site.

Edited to Add, I've submitted this to the DB to be updated, don't know why, but I check the anonymouse check box, lol. ticket #94899

I was out of town over the weekend and had my scanner with me, and began picking them up after i entered Allen County on SR 117. The Findlay Site has some really good range!

Last edited:

gainantenna

Patrick,

My GRE PSR-500 will arrive this week. Can you assist with the info that I will need to program my new digital with the MARCS info for both Allen County law enforcement and Auglaize County law enforcement agencies. From the looks of the owner's manual...this may be "fun.!" I have programmed many non-digital scanners so "conventional" scanner programming is no stranger to me. However, it looks as if digital will be a whole new ball game. Thanks for your consideration.

John

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Go and download Win500 (search google) this will help you get started while you still learn the scanner. Manual programming can be a little confusing, but with time you'll figure it out.

The difference between conventional and digital-trunking(analog trucking and digital are the same in respects to how the work) is Trunking uses a control channel that assigns the user their frequency when they indicated they're ready to transmit.

What the scanner does is listen to the control channel when a user on a talkgroup gets a frequency assigned it tunes to that frequency the talkgroup is using. Obviously if it's digital the scanner decodes the digital transmission taking place on that frequency.

To program your scanner for MARCS you'll need to create a TSYS object. What you'll need to know is the control channel for the site's that are surrounding the counties you want to monitor.

From this map: Site Map: State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State

determine all the sites that are either in the counties you'll monitor or all the site in the surrounding counties. I do suggest you program the Findlay site, it's range reaches well into Allen County with great strength even in Lima as the Allen SO is associated with that site. This of course depends on where your located.

The Marcs Database is here: State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

You'll only need the control channel and alternate channel frequencies.

All this information can be access by going going to the Database and then going to your county (any county for that matter) scrolling to the bottom then choosing the MARCS database.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
It seems that the Hancock Co SO is using MARCS full time now. I have been logging all day and have 0 hits on 155.535 but a bunch on MARCS.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
It seems that the Hancock Co SO is using MARCS full time now. I have been logging all day and have 0 hits on 155.535 but a bunch on MARCS.

I think they are too. Over the weekend they mentioned Motorola several times.

Will have to start paying attention to see if they add any new TGs.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I haven't logged any new talk groups that would have to do with the SO but I did get 2 hits on 155.535 at 9:03pm, they only lasted for 2 and 3 seconds.

LOL 4 more hits as I typed this... I don't have a clue what they are up to.

mvfd198

Premium Subscriber
You'll only need the control channel and alternate channel frequencies.

All this information can be access by going going to the Database and then going to your county (any county for that matter) scrolling to the bottom then choosing the MARCS database.

Do you mean that I don't have to program each individual talk group?
Also - are all the Hancock Co. tgs under the Findlay 867.61250? even hanco, osp, etc?
What about if I want to have the Lima hospitals (29456 & 29472) and Blanchard Valley (29488 & 30192) - what 800 frequencies do I need for those?

I am doing a LOT of reading on here and I *think* I am starting to figure all this out - I bought my DH a PSR500 for Christmas and would like to have it programmed for him.

Thanks for all your help!!!

nikealli25

I am able to listen to Hancock SO, Hanco, Medcorp and OSP on the the following frequencies.

I have Carey (Wyandot County)
866.05000, 866.31250, 866.62500, 866.90000, 867.18750

All of the talk groups are listed.

I have the Sheriff setup on the Findlay site (867.61250, 868.05000, 868.95000)

Everything else MARCS is on the Deshler site (867.05000, 867.78750, 868.17500, 868.46250, 868.86250)

Be sure that you have the banks set to "Closed Mode" so you don't get everything coming through. In "Closed Mode" you will only get the talk groups that you program in. Also make sure that you have each site in a different bank.

Oh and you will want each system set up as a "MOT". That option is where you will put the frequencies under "Mode". And make sure each bank type is set to Motorola.

Feel free to ask or call if you have any more questions.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am able to listen to Hancock SO, Hanco, Medcorp and OSP on the the following frequencies.

I have Carey (Wyandot County)
866.05000, 866.31250, 866.62500, 866.90000, 867.18750

All of the talk groups are listed.

I have the Sheriff setup on the Findlay site (867.61250, 868.05000, 868.95000)

Everything else MARCS is on the Deshler site (867.05000, 867.78750, 868.17500, 868.46250, 868.86250)

Be sure that you have the banks set to "Closed Mode" so you don't get everything coming through. In "Closed Mode" you will only get the talk groups that you program in. Also make sure that you have each site in a different bank.

Oh and you will want each system set up as a "MOT". That option is where you will put the frequencies under "Mode". And make sure each bank type is set to Motorola.

Feel free to ask or call if you have any more questions.
I love how you can pick up BGSU in Findlay. I live 6 miles from the tower and can't hear crap with an outdoor antenna. I can get ADA and RICHWD but not BGSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.