Need OSP site info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew

Hi,

I am a retired Secret Service Agent traveling from SC to Columbus ,OH this Friday..Will be traveling I-77 to US 33 W to 1-270 to Columbus area. What MARCS sites would I need to load into my GRE 500 to monitor the OSP?

Also any info on Columbus PD would help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lew in Lexington ,SC

ajpritch

Lew,

I dont listen to OSP so I will let someone else help you with that since there will be a lot of towers you will need to put in.

However for Columbus PD they can be found here
Scanner Frequencies: Franklin County Public Safety Trunking System, Columbus, Ohio

All traffic is on here with the exceptions of some detectives and sepcail teams using Nextels.

CPD operates on 5 zones so depending on what side of the city you want to listen to you will need the 5 called Patrol 1-5. The Ptac1 a-e are used as TAC channels and chit chat. Most of there other talkgroups are prettly silent most of the time.

Mike-KC8OWL

Lew

From what I can see. you will need the control channels for the following counties:

1) I-77 north to 33 West to 270 west:

Washington
Athens
Hocking
Fairfield
Franklin

Mike

neverett

Lew,

Here is a more accurate county list of where you'll be driving. First will be Meigs county. Then Athens, Hocking, Fairfield, Franklin. Also you'll be extremely close to Vinton county, but I don't believe (only 95% sure) you'll enter Vinton county at all. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.